Conrad_Kapernacus

NCAA college football/baskeball video games

Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:21 pm

Does anyone know if any of the college football or basketball games work on the PS1 emulator, I tried playing NCAA college football 2000, and NCAA basketball 2001 for PS1 and the gameplay was extremely slow, the audio was way too choppy and the graphics were terrible. I am a beginner though, and I've heard many great things about emulating PS1 games on a Pi 3 B+, so is there something I have to do to my settings or is the game just simply not playable on retro pi? I have been able to get the Simpsons wrestling to work on the PS1 fairly well, though it is a little bit slow with some choppy audio it gets better as you keep playing it for some reason, but that is the only game I have had success with on that emulator. I'm running games off a USB drive and am using the basic PS1 emulator that was automatically written on my SD card when I wrote retro pi on the SD card (forgot what it's called). I tried overclocking from the retroarch settings, but that made no difference. I have a great power supply, so that's definitely not the issue and I did install the correct BIOS files for the PS1 emulator as well.

Thanks in advance!

dustnbone

Re: NCAA college football/baskeball video games

Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:37 pm

You'll probably get more replies on the Retropie forum.

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/

PS1 emulation is borderline on the Pi3, there are possibly some specific settings that will make those particular games playable.

fruitoftheloom

Re: NCAA college football/baskeball video games

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:26 am

Conrad_Kapernacus wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:21 pm
Does anyone know if any of the college football or basketball games work on the PS1 emulator, I tried playing NCAA college football 2000, and NCAA basketball 2001 for PS1 and the gameplay was extremely slow, the audio was way too choppy and the graphics were terrible. I am a beginner though, and I've heard many great things about emulating PS1 games on a Pi 3 B+, so is there something I have to do to my settings or is the game just simply not playable on retro pi? I have been able to get the Simpsons wrestling to work on the PS1 fairly well, though it is a little bit slow with some choppy audio it gets better as you keep playing it for some reason, but that is the only game I have had success with on that emulator. I'm running games off a USB drive and am using the basic PS1 emulator that was automatically written on my SD card when I wrote retro pi on the SD card (forgot what it's called). I tried overclocking from the retroarch settings, but that made no difference. I have a great power supply, so that's definitely not the issue and I did install the correct BIOS files for the PS1 emulator as well.

Thanks in advance!

https://retropie.org.uk/docs/Playstation-1/
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

Return to “Gaming”