First post, so be gentle please.
I have a project in mind and although I've seen code for each disparate part, I'm yet to see exactly what I want. First off my hardware
-4.5 Touch screen
-Megasquirt V2 (serial output)
I want to make a fully functioning car computer with the following functions
- Blue tooth media control from an apple device/phone
- Ability to make voice calls to paired devices
- Ideally the ability to access MS tuner studio (installed on the Pi) and tune on the fly (I will need a bluetooth key board for this, but this functionality is a nice to have)
It will be going into an '83 volkswagen so there are no options for an OEM install. As before, I have seen each piece of functionality available or several parts, but no integrated system that boots and looks like a modern carputer. I understand that many modern systems actually use a similar code to Linux. The install must
- Boot quickly - I have a second project to build a mechanism that raises the screen from within the dash, so around 10-20 seconds would be ideal
- Have no desk-top but instead look like an integrated system with onscreen buttons (so not like using a mouse and cursor)
- Buttons and layout to look similar across the functionality
Oh, and I'm a total beginner to all this. I'm really hoping there is already an image available to fulfil these requests but I am more than open to attempting it myself so pointing in the direction of some useful sources in that case would suffice.
Thanks in avance