Hexdro

I can Ping & SSH into my Raspberry Pi from windows but not from ubuntu

Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:35 pm

Hi everybody

I am currently dual booted, running windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 and am currently trying to use the Raspberry pi for varsity work.

Initially I set up the pi by setting a static IP, turning on SSH, and setting a static IP in Ubuntu. This worked for a while after which one day it magically stopped working. I am able to Ping and SSH into the pi from my windows boot, and from other computers, just not Ubuntu on my own machine.

I re-installed Ubuntu and again this worked for a while, but then stopped working soon thereafter. I have reinstalled Ubuntu a 3rd time with no success.

To my knowledge I am doing the correct network configurations, as proven by the fact I can get it to SSH with other machines running Linux based operating systems. Furthermore I have disabled fast boot in windows and that has not helped much...

I have searched the internet for days and seriously want to get this working with Ubuntu ASAP.

Any help would be appreciated !!

BeauSlim

Re: I can Ping & SSH into my Raspberry Pi from windows but not from ubuntu

Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:15 am

If you can reach your Pi from other computers, just not from Ubuntu on the one machine, then this really belongs in the Ubuntu forums. And they'll need more details, like exactly what command you are typing to connect, and what error messages you are getting when it fails.

Hexdro

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:33 am

I will try the Ubuntu forums, in the meantime I am hoping somebody else who perhaps has experienced this will know what to do :)

epoch1970

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:49 am

Refrain from defining static IP addresses in the machines directly. Do that in the router.
"S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y a pas de problème." Les Shadoks, J. Rouxel

RaTTuS

Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:50 am

^WHS
however that are the IP's of your router , PI and windows box
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

Return to “Troubleshooting”