alex.isayenko

HDMI output issue on RPi4

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:04 am

In short:
I do not get any signal from hdmi output 0. When I touch the cable close to the hdmi port on rpi4, the picture appears, but colors are wrong, like if there are issues with contacts.

In details:
I have both RPi3 and RPi4. I created a new SD card with the Raspbian Buster. Booted on RPi3 - it was fine. Switched the SD into RPi4 - no video signal. I tried both HDMI ports on the RPi4, I changed the configuration file:
config_hdmi_boost=4
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_drive=2

But this didn't help. Also the RPi4 booted and connected to wifi as I could see it in my network and I could ssh to it. So it tells me there is no issue with booting. The only case when image on display appears is when I put some pressure on the hdmi cable close to rpi4 micro hdmi port.

Any thoughts?

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: HDMI output issue on RPi4

Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Either a dodgy cable or a dodgy socket on the board?

I would be worth, on the Pi3, doing a apt update/apt dist-upgrade to get the latest code which has some fixes for HDMI.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

alex.isayenko

Re: HDMI output issue on RPi4

Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:55 pm

jamesh wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:31 pm
Either a dodgy cable or a dodgy socket on the board?

I would be worth, on the Pi3, doing a apt update/apt dist-upgrade to get the latest code which has some fixes for HDMI.
I tried different cables and different monitors (at work and at home). I also did the dist-upgrade.
How do I set up the output to be HDMI 1 instead of HDMI 0?

Return to “Troubleshooting”