jettojagga

Incorrect LED responses on Sense HAT

Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:59 pm

I just started testing out some python code for the Sense HAT, running some basic commands, but it does not seem to be producing the correct results. Here are a couple examples:

-Using sense.set_pixel will color the entire row every time, not matter which coordinate or color I set
-Using sense.show_message appears to just show scrolling boxes instead of letters. It gets the # of letters correctly but every character is just a box.

This is on a brand new Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Sense HAT.

Thanks!

B.Goode

Re: Incorrect LED responses on Sense HAT

Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:44 pm

Welcome to the Raspberry Pi forums.

Does the same code give correct results if you ask for a 'second opinion' by running it on the cloud-based sense hat emulator? https://trinket.io/sense-hat

Is the HAT fully and correctly fitted to the RPi host board? With power disconnected, check for an 'off by one' error along the long row of pins. (It probably would not give results at all under those circumstances, but worth checking... )

jettojagga

Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:00 pm

Yes I tried the same code in the emulator with expected results. I am mainly just trying to isolate it to a hardware issue, which is looking likely. I will try removing it completely (in a case now) and making sure the pins are aligned.

alphanumeric

Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:49 pm

Could you please post your code.

Return to “Astro Pi”