tmw921

Cannot write raspbian to sd card using etcher.

Wed May 22, 2019 11:10 pm

Story: bought a cana kit with no sd card. Am using canakit provided power source. Known good tv and hdmi cord. Write raspbian image to several different sd cards(4 of them) that I had laying around. Every time the pi would boot up and stop at kernel panic 179,2. Assumed pi was doa. Ordered another pi this time with pre loaded sd card. Power on pi everything works. Connect old pi that I thought was doa, everything worked. Install 3.5” lcd screen to one of the pi. Connect to internet. Write in command prompt what was supposed to activate the lcd screen. Instead this happens, hdmi screen flashes on and off. hdmi Remove sd card and attempt re writing raspbian using etcher. Back to the kernel panic at boot up again. So I’m having trouble writing raspbian on the as cards. I’m writing it with etcher.

scruss

Re: Cannot write raspbian to sd card using etcher.

Thu May 23, 2019 12:19 am

There were a couple of releases of Etcher for Windows that were faulty, but they resolved this a week or more ago. If you're using Windows, try downloading the latest version
‘Remember the Golden Rule of Selling: “Do not resort to violence.”’ — McGlashan.

Return to “Troubleshooting”