ccd94

flashing rainbow screen

Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:53 pm

Hello, it is the second time I start my raspberry pi 3 b+ and I am blocked on a flashing rainbow screen. I reformatted my SD card and put NOOBS from the download part of the website, nothing changes. I have put the Lite version of raspbian with Etcher and the only change is that I have 4 raspberries appearing on the screen just after the rainbow screen.
Looking at some forums I see that power supply could be an issue but I have the official power supply.
Any help would be appreciated

FTrevorGowen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: flashing rainbow screen

Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:36 pm

ccd94 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:53 pm
I have put the Lite version of raspbian with Etcher and the only change is that I have 4 raspberries appearing on the screen just after the rainbow screen.
Looking at some forums I see that power supply could be an issue but I have the official power supply.
Any help would be appreciated
Does any text follow the "4 raspberries"? (Raspbian Lite will boot to the command line - their's no desktop)**
Trev.
** Similar to the "First Working Screen Photo" here: http://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi ... splay.html albeit for a Pi3A+/Touchscreen setup with Raspbian + Desktop (Not Lite) booting to command line.
Still running Raspbian Jessie on some older Pi's (an A, B1, B2, B+, P2B, 3xP0, P0W) but Stretch on my 2xP3A+, P3B+, P3B, B+, A+ and a B2. See: https://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi/raspiidx.htm

hippy

Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Is your red power LED on the Pi board on solidly or is it dimming or flickering ?

It could be that it's stuck in some sort of 'losing power with increased load and rebooting' loop. It is probably worth trying a different USB power cable.

ccd94

Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:29 am

Thanks for the feedback, there is no text following the 4 raspberries. There is a permanent red light and next to it and then an orange one blinking next to it. it does look like it is permanently trying to boot. I will try to see what I can do with the power cable

Botspot

Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:16 pm

Two things to try:
• check if your microSD card is corrupted.
• unplug all USB accessories when it is turning on.
Most people don't think for themselves much anymore. 
Their brains run single core at a speed similar to a Pi 1. Then they go out and purchase smart devices to help them think. Ridiculous!

Not me, I voided my brain's warranty bit due to overclocking.

Return to “Troubleshooting”