Maze_fr

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:31 pm

Hello RPi people,

I'm Sébastien aka "Maze", from France (and yes, I can speak English...).
I'm a freelance Java developer / software architect.

I'm a Xubuntu user for years (I think I can use "decade" now...) and I proudly converted my wife, my sister and my mother to it.
Well... the very long annoying frustrating Windows Update processing time helped a lot, when they noticed I don't have to wait and reboot for ages Linux updates...

I'm also a mono video gamer : I like playing video games from time to time, but actually, I only play Stellaris in MP with my friends.

I've been interested in getting a RPi for years, thinking about a Java web application server, but 1Gb always have been a bit narrow...
So when I (recently) discovered the RPi 4B with 4Gb, how to resist ? This is my 2019 Xmas present.
One day, I will make a CICD server out of it, with Gitlab / Kubernetes / Docker, for my own business projects... but for now, I will play with it, to get used to it, and I have some ideas...
"Don't believe in forum signature quotations, they may be fakes" - Victor Hugo

Theo0101

Re: STICKY: Introduce yourself!

Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:19 am

Howdy crew!

I'm pretty new to raspberry pi. Just ordered my first one. A Pi-4 Complete Starter Kit from CanaKit. Any tips for how I can build up a collection of electronic parts like resistors, jumper cables, bread boards, etc. is much appreciated. I want to try some stuff. It looks like CanaKit has those too so maybe I'll start there.

I'm looking forward to learning from everyone.

Return to “General discussion”