tony1812

NoIRcam and regular cam

Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:02 am

Hi, If I understand correctly, the only different between the NoIR Pi camera board and the regular Pi cam board is that the NoIR one does not have an IR fiter. Is this correct?
What if I get a noir for night vision but add a external ir filter for day time., so I don't need two boards, would that work? Thanks.

DougieLawson

Re: NoIRcam and regular cam

Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:13 am

That will work. The hard part is the mechanics for moving the IR filter over the lens of the NOIR camera.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

GordonTGopher

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:14 am

It depends what you are doing with the camera, you may be able to manage without the filter for day see http://raspi.tv/2016/new-and-old-raspbe ... 3-2-1-noir for comparisons.

Gordon

karrika

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:34 pm

I bought a 9.5mm filter from ebay. By opening up the lens and dropping in the filter the colours got back to normal. This was for the 160 degree NoIR camera.

The name of the filter on ebay was: New 2pcs Camera 9.5MM Optical UV-IR Cut Filter UV-IR Blocking Filter for €2.51

underwhelmd

Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:17 am

YMMV but I don't mind the noir V2 during the day at all. The only colour that is glaringly absent is green... viewed as brown. And some tree leaves are reddish. Before you go to all that trouble, consider if you need green grass. :D

Here is a noir v2 screenshot. The tree is supposed to be red, it's a canadian red maple but notice my lawn... it is green in reality. The rest of the colours are accurate.

DougieLawson

Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:26 am

In our small temperate wet British island you have a hard job to avoid green grass. Our lawn was like a jungle last week when we got back from two weeks in the USA.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Return to “General discussion”