improv_darren

How to set LCD refresh rate

Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:50 pm

Hi.

I have a Pi2 with the official 7" touchscreen. I have an OpenGL app that I am developing that I want to update at 60 Hz. It appears the refresh rate of the LCD defaults to 50 Hz (maybe defaulting to UK video standards?).

Is there a config setting I can edit to get 60 Hz? Did a bunch of searching but so far haven't found an answer.

fruitoftheloom

Re: How to set LCD refresh rate

Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:44 pm

improv_darren wrote:Hi.

I have a Pi2 with the official 7" touchscreen. I have an OpenGL app that I am developing that I want to update at 60 Hz. It appears the refresh rate of the LCD defaults to 50 Hz (maybe defaulting to UK video standards?).

Is there a config setting I can edit to get 60 Hz? Did a bunch of searching but so far haven't found an answer.
Nativeley the RPi supports OpenGL ES..
Retired disgracefully.....

improv_darren

Re: How to set LCD refresh rate

Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:42 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
improv_darren wrote:Hi.

Nativeley the RPi supports OpenGL ES..
Actually wasn't asking about OpenGL ES. That is all working fine. I am asking specifically about the LCD refresh rate, which appears to be locked at 50 Hz. I would like it to be 60 Hz.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”