mantasuk

Seeking Developer for a paid for project

Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Hello,

I am seeking a developer to help me build a project using Raspberry Pi. It will involve about 20 LEDs and about 20 Buttons, which will need to be controlled programatically depending on the events. I need someone who is capable to build the hardware and write the software for the requirements. My Raspberry Pi hardware knowledge is limited, as I am a PHP Developer myself, so need someone to help me, and I am willing to pay an agreed sum for your help.

Can someone recommend themselves, or friend who has good knowledge about this, and is preferably based in UK (London Area preferable, but not required).

Please reply to this post, or via email (mantas@tavo.net).

Thanks, hope you can help :)

M.

DougieLawson

Re: Seeking Developer for a paid for project

Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:53 pm

I think you need to tell us where in the World you're located.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

mantasuk

Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi, sorry forgot to mention. I am based in London.

davenull

Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:08 pm

must it be compulsorily Raspberry-based? Switching LEDs and react to buttons sounds as if it's a perfect task for 1 Arduino Mega or Due... 8-)
#define S sqrt(t+2*i*i)<2
#define F(a,b) for(a=0;a<b;++a)
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;int main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PointOut(x,y);}}}for(;;);}

mantasuk

Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:30 pm

It needs to display scores on screen and have network diagnostics, so RPi is more powerful in that regard. But it can have Arduino being controlled by the RPi, or any other mix of technologies to achieve the goal. Send me a PM if interested in helping me build it. I don't have much knowledge about hardware, but from what I have read, RPi does not have enough GPIOs to support large number of buttons / lights, so some form of extension board / logic board / arduino is required. But this is details to be discussed.

davenull

Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:28 pm

regarding network access was an important hint, but this is not my skill - just basic Arduino Due, but this would have been almost as powerful by calculation speed as the Raspi though. Anyway, not my workspace then.

If one had the name of this code, one might google common color 4D codes by Google perhaps.
#define S sqrt(t+2*i*i)<2
#define F(a,b) for(a=0;a<b;++a)
float x,y,r,i,s,j,t,n;int main(){F(y,64){F(x,99){r=i=t=0;s=x/33-2;j=y/32-1;F(n,50&S){t=r*r-i*i;i=2*r*i+j;r=t+s;}if(S){PointOut(x,y);}}}for(;;);}

PSurg

Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:11 pm

Hello, arduino's are capable of driving large numbers of leds, WS2811/2812 and many buttons, can multiplex using ic's like mcp23017 if you want with Raspberry Pi to get more I/O, there are other ways of driving LEDs like using 595 shift registers, so there are options, just need to know what you want.

Return to “Automation, sensing and robotics”