Any fast way to change display resolution on Jessie?

Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:40 am

I know how to change the monitor display resolution by editing the config file, but I am looking for a fast way to do this so that I can go easily and quickly back and forth between two resolutions.

The setting that it runs on is fine for most things, but using Scratch, the program text is so small that I am straining my eyes trying to work with it. Is there any way to change the display resolution back and forth with software? Any package that can do this? I have not been able to find any way to make Scratch larger - even full screen it is no better. I wind up giving up and walking away with a headache from eye strain. I don't want to change the resolution by config as I want the display just as it is for everything else.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

DougieLawson

Re: Any fast way to change display resolution on Jessie?

Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:38 am

You may be able to control it with the tvservice command. But the resolution is normally fixed by the GPU before the system boots up. You can set the initial parameters for the GPU in /boot/config.txt.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

Return to “Raspbian”