liz
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Foundation Employee & Forum Moderator

Re: Linus, Woz - our heads are swelling by the minute!

Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:49 pm

You might have seen this TechCrunch interview with Linus Torvalds, where he's *very very nice indeed* about Raspberry Pi. Absolutely made my day; I've been pootling around with a giant grin on my face ever since I read it.

The grin won't go any wider, but as well as grinning, I have been floating on air since Eben forwarded this email from one of our friends at SMSC:

Hi Eben, just wanted to let you know that we had Steve Wozniak as our guest speaker this evening in LA. He was totally aware of Raspberry PI and very excited about what you are doing. Might be worth mentioning it on the blog.
Best regards

[[Name and job title redacted]]
SMSC Europe GmbH

What a brilliant day. I'm just waiting for my dinner invitation from Neal Stephenson and then I can die happy.
Director of Communications, Raspberry Pi

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:03 pm

So what are Eben & your hat sizes now? You'll need to buy Eben a new wedding hat

jbeale

Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:26 pm

liz said:

[...] I'm just waiting for my dinner invitation from Neal Stephenson and then I can die happy.

Congratulations on the accolades!  ... but hopefully Neal will hold that invite, as we still need you to run the blog here

fos

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:07 pm

No surprise. You are doing great work!
https://faroutscience.com

geeus

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:43 pm

I think that you guys deserve every bit of prase that you get no need to worry about swollen heads.

By the way if you click on the picture of linus he winks at you I love easter eggs.

Regards Gee
Gee The Rabid Inventor :)

AlArenal

Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Linus?

Woz?

Let me tell you a story...

I hope it's not gonna make your heads explode, but just can't hold it back anymore.. I just have to tell you this exceptionally well kept secret.. There's someone who loves the whole RPi idea, the ecosystem that's about to come to life, the community (even the haters, the doubters, the disbelievers and ranters) and of course the kewl people who make it all happen..

There's been rumors and speculations back and forth and there just doesn't seem to be a reason to hold it back anymore, so here is the the very truth: It's me!

Woah, now that's a bomb, I know. Can hear the detonations up to here..

rmm200

Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:55 pm

While chatting with Woz, propose he fund the educational aspects of the Foundation for a couple of hundred million.

This whole endeavor seems to be right up his alley, and unlike other Apple founders, he is a genuine philanthropist who wants to do good with his money.

kb7uengene

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:30 am

I saw a thread last night referring to how the RPI reminds this poster of the Amiga, and there is no doubt that it was a fine machine but what it really reminds me of is the Original Apple I motherboard sold by both Steves to homebrew computer enthusiest in California in 1976. I hope i"m correct in my facts, if not, please anyone set the record straight. – Thanks, Gene

Return to “General discussion”