rpiswag

Raspberry Pi Altitude

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:10 pm

I would like to know what is the max altitude of the Raspberry Pi? I would like to do a high altitude balloon project. I am concerned about the capacitors on the Raspberry Pi board. Would the capacitors fail under the increasing stress as the board rises higher?
A computer's power can't be just measured Gigahertz. It is the same thing with us humans.

DougieLawson

Re: Raspberry Pi Altitude

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

rpiswag

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:32 pm

I want to get a real answer not some unrelated answer not relating to my question!
A computer's power can't be just measured Gigahertz. It is the same thing with us humans.

DougieLawson

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:34 pm

That was just to save posting the same two links again.
If you don't like that then I hope someone else wastes their time trying to help an ungrateful poster.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

rpiswag

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:40 pm

I'm sorry I just want someone that could help me find the answer to my question that knows the answer. Could you please tell me if you know.

rpiswag

Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:41 pm

I thought your post about Gaffer tape was you answer and I apologize. Thank you for trying to help me.

Ravenous

Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:03 pm

There have been a few balloon projects on the forum and on the blog, maybe this will help:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/?s=balloon
in short the raspi does seem to work for ballooning, at least for these short flights. Hope this helps.

daveake

Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:45 pm

The Pi works well for high altitude balloon flights. I've flown the Pi about 17 times (I think - I'm starting to lose count), at up to 41km, and have yet to see a component failure of any sort.

Your main concern should be to limit power consumption, rather than worry about electrolytics.

Return to “General discussion”