jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Android On RasPi

Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:31 am

Yes, it should now be possible to be done by the community. The release code even includes lots of Android drivers almost ready to use.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

redhawk

Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:39 pm

Well it's good news that Broadcom are making specs of the GPU available although as an Android owner with an ARMv6 processor I think people are going to be in for a performance shock on the Pi (and still won't run Flash Player due to ARMv7 CPU requirement). :)

Would it be possible for Android to have mpeg2/1 and vc1 codec support with paid license keys??

Would hardware such as GPIO, I2C and CSI be made accessible from Android if it had the appropriate drivers??

Would the Pi be able to access Google Play store or denied as an unapproved device??

Richard S.

aaa801

Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:52 pm

redhawk wrote:Well it's good news that Broadcom are making specs of the GPU available although as an Android owner with an ARMv6 processor I think people are going to be in for a performance shock on the Pi (and still won't run Flash Player due to ARMv7 CPU requirement). :)

Would it be possible for Android to have mpeg2/1 and vc1 codec support with paid license keys??

Would hardware such as GPIO, I2C and CSI be made accessible from Android if it had the appropriate drivers??

Would the Pi be able to access Google Play store or denied as an unapproved device??

Richard S.
you can run flash on armv6, you just aren't meant to be able to ;)

moocow1452

Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:11 am

Okay, so code has been downloaded, so how can I get it to build for an Armv6 as opposed to the ARM v5?

jamesh

Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:49 am

moocow1452 wrote:Okay, so code has been downloaded, so how can I get it to build for an Armv6 as opposed to the ARM v5?
Unless you are an Android build expert, and understand a lot about porting the drivers, that is a painful and almost incomprehensible job. And as yet, no one has ever done it.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

arwynj55

Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:02 pm

http://blog.broadcom.com/chip-design/an ... %20Account

the link to the broadcom driver to get ICS to be fully functional... broadcom just gave the driver to us....

weihan1102

Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:28 am

So is anyone already started the android for RasPi port ?

ghans

Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:43 pm

The devs of the Razdroid project have started working o it AFAIK.

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

aaa801

Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:35 pm

Being worked on, join us in #razdroid on freenode

Return to “Android”