MG2R

Re: I've got the best mail... EVER

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:33 pm

A few minutes ago, the following message from RS rolled into my inbox,

"Congratulations! We’re pleased to let you know that you are in the first batch of our registrations for Raspberry Pi. This will mean you will be one of the first to place your order as we are offering Raspberry Pi boards on a first come first served basis and are limiting orders to one per customer. You will shortly receive an invitation to place your order so to help ensure you get your Raspberry Pi as quickly as possible we now require some further information on where you want your Pi delivered."

*cheerfulness*

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:47 pm

MG2R said:

A few minutes ago, the following message from RS rolled into my inbox,

"Congratulations! We’re pleased to let you know that you are in the first batch of our registrations for Raspberry Pi. This will mean you will be one of the first to place your order as we are offering Raspberry Pi boards on a first come first served basis and are limiting orders to one per customer. You will shortly receive an invitation to place your order so to help ensure you get your Raspberry Pi as quickly as possible we now require some further information on where you want your Pi delivered."

*cheerfulness*

Damn. I was expecting

"Hi, Kylie Minogue is interested in meeting you, and would like to hook up for a slap up meal at Mrs Miggins Pie Shop. Drinks are on her"
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

Joules

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:07 pm

I thought it was going to be "All charges have been dropped"

spurious

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:09 pm

I like JamesH's email... followed by MG3R's..  :)

welshblob

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:19 pm

JamesH said:

Damn. I was expecting

"Hi, Kylie Minogue is interested in meeting you, and would like to hook up for a slap up meal at Mrs Miggins Pie Shop. Drinks are on her"

Is that a euphemism?

MG2R

Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:33 pm

JamesH said:

Damn. I was expecting

Oh, the RPi is SO much better than any girl you can find!

EDITED to add:

Damn, I just hit a higher class of nerdiness! Jay me!

robleady

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:09 pm

And I just got the following...

Dear Customer

Thank you for joining the Raspberry Pi revolution and registering your interest in Raspberry Pi’s Model B board from RS Components.

We have received extraordinary levels of demand for this product. To help ensure as many people as possible can experience the Raspberry Pi concept, we are initially limiting boards to one per customer, and we will send you regular updates on availability. As boards arrive into stock, they will be allocated on a first-come first-serve basis, in order of when requests were received.

Thank you for your patience; we will be in touch as soon as possible with more details.

Which is just a repeat of one of the previous mails RS sent...

I guess that means I'm not getting one of the first ones.

Regards,

Rob

MG2R

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:17 pm

robleady said:

I guess that means I'm not getting one of the first ones.
I was in at 6.01 GMT, just before the server became DDOSed to death, registered my interest without really knowing what it was for (expecting to see a "buy now" button). After I never heard from them until now...

I thiink that if I'd been two minutes later, I wouldn't have got one either...

welshblob

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:21 pm

I got the standard reply as well so I guess that means I don't have a golden ticket either. I can't exactly say what time it was when I did register but it was definitely a couple of mins after 6.

jaygee

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:29 pm

I was on at 6am too and did get the register message from RS amongst all the mayhem to which I responded but got no confirmation. I was going to try again but then read a Tweet saying that the "register interest" screen was an error so I didn't try again. Later in the day I decided to register anyway and then did get a confirmation.

So now I've just got the "Thanks for registration" message repeat but have no idea where I am in the queue - obviously not the first batch.

I was planning to use RS as they have a local trade counter but maybe should have ordered from Farnell.

davemdavem

Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:32 pm

I got the standard reply today although i was just seconds behind my son in registering and before rs went down.. and he is in the 'first batch'.

I thought after the email i got from rs last sunday, that i had also made the first batch .. unless they have seen the same surname and decided that we are the 'same' person trying to get two.

spamel

Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:58 pm

I STILL haven't heard from RS; I registered again after I didn't hear anything from my first registration on launch day! lol, brilliantly s***!

SN

Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:06 am

jaygee said:

I was on at 6am too and did get the register message from RS amongst all the mayhem to which I responded but got no confirmation. I was going to try again but then read a Tweet saying that the "register interest" screen was an error so I didn't try again. Later in the day I decided to register anyway and then did get a confirmation.

That tweet threw me too and is probably the single reason I didn't get the right email today - I wish I could throttle the b*gger that tweeted that!!!!
Steve N – binatone mk4->intellivision->zx81->spectrum->cbm64->cpc6128->520stfm->pc->raspi ?

tzj

Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:13 am

am unsure my repeat email confirms a non-first batch TBH, I placed my interest twice 2 hours apart, just to make sure the first didn"t go through.
http://www.themagpi.com <---- Checkout the MagPi
(The MagPi - Co-Founder)

Return to “Off topic discussion”