USvER

Re: Disappointed even more!

Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:47 pm

Why you started selling by preorder... without prior notice...

Why you changed shop... without prior notice...

Why you changed all your plans in a very last moment...

Why you was so clear about "manufacture->test->sell" and keep me posted about this process in so much detail... and then just started to take preorders...

Why you started preorders without even testing RasPi...

So many "why" in just one day... So much disappointed in you guyz...

Basicaly you just **** me up and trashed all that time i was monitoring your site from the very begining...

Just.... Just... have no woords....

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:14 pm

The more open you are with plans, progress and problems, the more complaints you get. Some people should be treated like mushrooms: kept in the dark and spread liberally with bull-shit.

USvER said:

Basicaly you just **** me up and trashed all that time

Oh boo hoo. Now you get to have a RaspPi in May instead of July or even later. So sad for you.

i was monitoring your site from the very begining...

If you were monitoring, then it would not have been a surprise today, would it? (and yes I know you've been a member since last August.)

Good. Shut-up and go away.

abishur

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:17 pm

If you've been following the site you should know the answer to your questions.  Questions that seem to have been born out of ignorance and misplaced frustration

1st Why: There was a pre-notice, most everyone who read the post saying "big news at 6am Feb 29th" was able to recognize that was an advanced warning for the Pi launch date.

2nd Why: They couldn't tell earlier because of legal ramifications.  They went into a business agreement which said they were not allowed to mention who the distribs were going to be before hand, it's really quite common.  As for why they changed at all it was so that instead of ordering batches of 10k units at a time, the distribs are able to order huge batches directly.  We're getting the boards a hundred times faster because of this

3rd Why: They didn't change their plans.  If you looked at the twitter feed Liz had been hinting at this for months.  They legally weren't able to talk about it, however.

4th Why: They did test them.  If you read the front page clearly you'd see that the ethernet jacks that got placed still work, they're just inferior and not what the board was designed for.  The RPF could have kept silent about this and shipped them out defect and all and frankly no one would have been the wiser, but they're committed to providing a quality product, a product that matched what they told us we were getting.

5th Why: This is a repeat of your 4th why, there was testing.  Read the front page post again.  The manufacture screwed up, but it still tested just fine, it was only the diligence of the RPF that caught the error.

No one is screwing you over here.  You're making a big drama scene about a routine manufacturing mess up and your own misinterpretation of events.
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:29 pm

USvER said:

Why you started selling by preorder... without prior notice...

Why you changed shop... without prior notice...

Why you changed all your plans in a very last moment...

Why you was so clear about "manufacture->test->sell" and keep me posted about this process in so much detail... and then just started to take preorders...

Why you started preorders without even testing RasPi...

Basicaly you just **** me up and trashed all that time i was monitoring your site from the very begining...

What Abishur said, but just to reiterate - you will be getting your Pi faster because of the deals done and because of what you see as problems, despite the manufacturing problem we have been kind enough to tell you about.. Is that not worth it?
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

USvER

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:32 pm

Pre-notice in 1 day in wich they notaiced some good news but dont said what exactly...

Some contract that was signed for moths already and they keep posting about manufacture->test->sell... and then boom... So they actualy lie... yes yes by some misterious contract...

Twitter users got alot more info... Nice... I was at email and RSS... and they was totaly quiet...

If you think this is ok it's your choice... I think this is not ok... That's why i'm realy disappointed...

abishur

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Addendum: I would like to correct a mistake I  made, I said the ethernet jacks would work as is, just less efficiently, after reading the comments under the post that was incorrect, the jacks weren't working to transmit data, but they were electrically sound which is what the test tested.

jamesh

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:40 pm

USvER said:

Pre-notice in 1 day in wich they notaiced some good news but dont said what exactly...

Some contract that was signed for moths already and they keep posting about manufacture->test->sell... and then boom... So they actualy lie... yes yes by some misterious contract...

Twitter users got alot more info... Nice... I was at email and RSS... and they was totaly quiet...

If you think this is ok it's your choice... I think this is not ok... That's why i'm realy disappointed...

There has been no lying. I'm really not sure of the point you are trying to make.

My first point is; would you prefer to have your Pi in October or May. October would be to continue as they were, May is to bring in Farnell and RS (with associated, private agreements that the foundation wasn't able to talk about)

This manufacturing blip would have happened either way.

My second point is; the Foundation is under no obligation to TELL YOU ANYTHING. You are getting masses more information from us that you would get anywhere else. If you are still not happy with that level, I suggest you look elsewhere, where I can guarantee, you will be even more disappointed.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Joe Schmoe

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:41 pm

I think you should treat this guy as a troll (almost certainly a plant - maybe a /. planted troll - but in any case, not a real person).

And, as I've said before, the only way to deal with trolls is to totally ignore them (freeze them out).  I.e., in future, you should just quietly close-and-delete these threads, not respond to them.

JMHO, of course...
And some folks need to stop being fanboys and see the forest behind the trees.

(One of the best lines I've seen on this board lately)

meltwater

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm just disappointed no body sent me one before announcing the thing to 7billion people...

So unhappy!

You forced me to spend my time waiting for something which almost everyone else wants and then you take it away...just for fun.

I think you should now let me win the lottery as compensation please*.

I shall just have to get that other $25/$35 computer which you can just get in any shop, which took no effort to produce and no hard work from the creators of it and had no issues being produced in the billions, all without any money invested in it and was made for no profit at all.  Oh...hang on...

OK.. I'll just get on with my life...until my RPi does come...thank you all.

*I said please, that means you must do it!

PS:Me-taking-the-pi

My new book: goo.gl/dmVtsc

Meltwater's Pi Hardware - pihardware.com

Like the MagPi? @TheMagP1 @TheMagPiTeam

abishur

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:48 pm

USvER said:

Excuse me?  Let's see First line ignores the fact that someone *everyone else* was able to put 1 and 1 together and get two (shoot, it was all over the forums and the comments under the post that everyone knew exactly what the announcement was), but even if you somehow were unable to make a simple logical connection, then you should have still shown up at the appropriate time and figured things out at that point.  The RPF can hardly be at fault for you own inability to figure out their blatant hint.

Second line, wait is there any point to the second line?  Let's see, you ignore the fact that they did test the boards.  The boards were shipped and on their way to the RPF when they opened things up for pre-orders.  Not sure where you think the lie is in all this, then you say the contract is bogus.  Do you understand non-disclosure agreements?

Third line: Well if you ignore a free and open source of knowledge that's your own fault, but the forum got just as much information.  If you're too lazy to put forth the effort to do anything more than have information spoon fed to you by an RSS feed and a mass mailing list then it's your own fault you were in the dark.

Man up and accept that the consequence of you not paying attention does not equal a failure on the RPF's part.  You're the only thing creating your disappointment by your own lack of effort to be informed.

abishur

Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:52 pm

Joe Schmoe said:

I think you should treat this guy as a troll (almost certainly a plant - maybe a /. planted troll - but in any case, not a real person).

And, as I've said before, the only way to deal with trolls is to totally ignore them (freeze them out).  I.e., in future, you should just quietly close-and-delete these threads, not respond to them.

JMHO, of course...

Unfortunately there are lots of non-troll well established members who have been making the same noise the past week   As such I'm reluctant to hand out an immediate ban / close down a thread.  I'd like to give this young man the chance to gain knowledge and end ignorance.

panik

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:05 pm

USvER, I feel your pain. These first-world problems we have to endure are just the WORST. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

It's a conspiracy. They WANT us to suffer. Trust me, I know. The anti-psychotic pills I take me make me see things very clearly.
Microcontroller addon boards and software for Raspberry Pi A+/B+/Pi2:
- ARMinARM: ARM Cortex-M3 (STM32)
- AVRPi: ATmega32U4 & ATmega328 ("Arduino")
http://www.onandoffables.com

iaston

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:12 pm

panik said:

USvER, I feel your pain. These first-world problems we have to endure are just the WORST. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

It's a conspiracy. They WANT us to suffer. Trust me, I know. The anti-psychotic pills I take me make me see things very clearly.

Fight the power!

Hahaha seriously... Chill out, if this is the biggest problem in your life I could do with having your problems... Sometimes things don't work out. The foundation are not doing this to annoy you, they want the boards out there ASAP and are doing everything in their power to make it easy (and very very inexpensive) to get them to you.

USvER

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:23 pm

All i have to say here is you guyz just dont want to accept the fact...

I was not notaiced about selling date... as was stated i wuld in the news and forum...

By NDA or by mail failure or by site failure or by organization failure...

I just wasn't warned as RPF assured me i wuld... So i wasn't prepared...

All this "troll", "kid" and bla bla bla... This is just ad hominem attacks.. and ignorance of the facts...

ukscone
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:36 pm

USvER: You were corrected about all this over on the element14 forums last week. In fact you've pretty much cut and pasted what you wrote there on here so If Abishur won't close this thread I will as it's pretty much a dupe from element14

meltwater

Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:48 pm

There was a reason why, you've been told why there was no sale date (somehow a few people worked it out - probably far too many really - you may have noticed it caused some issues).

Anyway, it's done and dusted now, so no point worrying about it, we can move on.

Yeah we have old boys mentality, mainly because we sit here following each of the ups and downs the foundation has and see all [**no a tiny part of] the cr#p they all take.

Companies which make millions out of people often do things much worse ["sorry you are holding your phone wrong"]...

The very fact this project is even here is down to the kind dedication and effort put in by a lot of people, who do it for free and aren't going to make any money out of it at all.

So yeah, I don't mind writing a few words on that.

My new book: goo.gl/dmVtsc

Meltwater's Pi Hardware - pihardware.com

Like the MagPi? @TheMagP1 @TheMagPiTeam

jamesh

Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:14 pm

Closing. Everything that needs to be said has been said. Answers have been given and rejected. Not much else can be done.

Return to “Off topic discussion”