How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

randrade

Re: YOU SUCK: the venting thread

Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:14 pm

You know what sucks? iTunes.

Bloated, slow, starts to die if you have many apps and music, even if you have a decent computer.

I love my iPod touch and iOS, but iTunes... ugh. I can see why some people sell their iPods - they just don't want to put up with iTunes.

kirbyman62-2

Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:20 pm

randrade wrote:You know what sucks? iTunes.

Bloated, slow, starts to die if you have many apps and music, even if you have a decent computer.

I love my iPod touch and iOS, but iTunes... ugh. I can see why some people sell their iPods - they just don't want to put up with iTunes.
Good god this. It never works, it's incredibly slow and the newest release makes everything you could do easily (very little) incredibly convoluted for no reason at all.

I wish I could use Rythmbox on my laptop, it's much nicer, but whenever I add a new song it messes up the iPod to the point where it's easier to just take all the songs off and start again, and I'm reminded of what a pain iTunes is all over again.

Thicko_1970

Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:28 pm

I suck at making my mind up. I'm driving myself round the twist trying to decide what keyboard to get for the Pi. I want a very cheap <£20 wireless keyboard with touchpad. If only I knew they would all work out of the box.

It also sucks that Parcelforce tracking for my Pi says: "In delivery depot". So near, so very near....

2bit

Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:36 am

I'm torn between buying a super nice mechanical keyboard for my pi and using that to learn to code , or building a MAME cab for the Pi ... Oh wait ... It only requires one USB port for plugging in a joystick !! I'll use the other one for a moderately nice keyboard !!

bugloss

Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:02 am

Gravity gets you down.

That sucks for the vertically challenged.

It's snowing....that doesn't suck at all, coz I've got time free.

Edited...
I suck because I don't know what I'm doing......
http://www.adamwilson.co

riffraff

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:58 am

What sucks is waiting for two years for a Pi, and when you finally get one, your come down with a respiratory bug that lands you in the hospital for a week and the bed for another :evil: .

metaxy

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:45 pm

You know what sucks,

Laundry days.

TeaAddict

Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:15 am

You know what sucks?

Threads about things that suck. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, in all seriousness, waking up one morning to the sound of a transformer blowing out for some reason, then your power goes out.

THAT sucks.

One time a squirrel ran inside a transformer, fried itself (and the transformer). That sucked for the poor squirrel. :cry:
by riffraff » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am What sucks is waiting for two years for a Pi, and when you finally get one, your come down with a respiratory bug that lands you in the hospital for a week and the bed for another :evil: .
OUCH, that must have been horrible! I know the torment of waiting 6 months for the Raspberry, Cant imagine being sick when you finally get it!
n00b at electronics, n00b at programming...

But EXPERT at asking questions

sej7278

Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:29 pm

riffraff wrote:What sucks is waiting for two years for a Pi, and when you finally get one, your come down with a respiratory bug that lands you in the hospital for a week and the bed for another :evil: .
sounds like the perfect opportunity to smuggle in the pi and start a gpio project with that heart-rate monitor :twisted:

noob

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:38 pm

you know what sucks? that theres a french subforum, a german subforum, a subforum with asian characters that i cant recognise, but not a dutch subforum :evil:

gritz

Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:51 pm

Dear Google: you suck!

I realise that you're just pimpware, but if you're going to ignore my search terms and direct me to random shopping sites then the least you could do is check that the garbage you're trying to sell me isn't "currently unavailable" as well as not the thing I'm looking for and not in the country that I specified. Fail.

All those smart programmers with tera-whatnots of computing power at their fingertips and you're as dumb as a box of rocks. Technology, eh?!

tonyhughes

Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:06 pm

The word suck sucks. I couldn't think of a suckier word, it just sucks. I wish the word they settled on for suck didn't suck as much as suck sucks.

mahjongg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:01 pm

noob wrote:you know what sucks? that there is a french subforum, a german subforum, a subforum with asian characters that i cant recognise, but not a dutch subforum :evil:
Well, I'm a Dutch moderator, and my feeling about this is that there simply aren't enough Dutch that are not bilingual and don't understand English. I know that it sucks, and could probably ask my fellow moderators to start a Dutch forum, but I'm afraid it will stay completely empty!
At least its not because there is a lack of dutch speaking moderators! There is me, and there is also Gert van Loo.

Het is gewoon zoals het is! :mrgreen:

P.S. The asian characters you see are Japanese, and there is also a Russian forum, but those two are the only ones which have their own language specific moderators, who only moderate in their language.

magno23

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:38 am

you know what sucks?
-wanting a first job and the only offers are for "experienced" people even if it is for a shitty job.
-bad whether, i just hate it.

pygmy_giant

Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:06 am

Reminds me of that song by the Smiths - 'Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now'

noob

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:34 am

why is it allways liz who is posting? i never see any posts by eben

alexeames
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:47 pm

noob wrote:why is it allways liz who is posting? i never see any posts by eben
He does post from time to time, but tends to focus on technical specifications type stuff.

Can you imagine how busy he must be with a full-time job and the Raspberry Pi Foundation on top of that? Unless you're really on fire, a good blog post is not usually written in a couple of minutes.
Alex Eames RasPi.TV, RasP.iO

abishur

Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:53 am

What really sucks is spending a ton of time getting a diy circuit put together, making the printout to etch it onto your pcb, getting all the extra copper off and then discovering that your traces are *barely* off from one another and that your smallest drill bit is too large to drill the holes :evil:
Dear forum: Play nice ;-)

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:30 am

Closely followed by the anguish that ensues when you find your drill wont hold a 1mm bit anyway.

http://www.mytoolstore.com.au/products/ ... 52d01.html

aTao

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:00 am

rurwin wrote:Closely followed by the anguish that ensues when you find your drill wont hold a 1mm bit anyway.

http://www.mytoolstore.com.au/products/ ... 52d01.html
Dremel??, now they suck, I'd rather use a 6 inch nail.
>)))'><'(((<

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:16 am

They do, but you need a column drill adapter; it makes a huge difference to drilling accuracy and ease.

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:40 pm

pygmy_giant

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 pm

?

riffraff

Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:58 am

abishur wrote:What really sucks is spending a ton of time getting a diy circuit put together, making the printout to etch it onto your pcb, getting all the extra copper off and then discovering that your traces are *barely* off from one another and that your smallest drill bit is too large to drill the holes :evil:
Heh-heh! Sucks worse when you spend hours manually laying out a massive PCB with dozens of IC's using all of your remaining rub-on transfers only to discover the template you were working from was accidentally mirrored in the printing process. :lol:

Return to “Off topic discussion”