gauravdev

From where should i download raspbian stretch with desktop and raspbian stretch with desktop and recommended software

Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:47 pm

From where should I download raspbian stretch with desktop and raspbian stretch with desktop and recommended software?

In the raspberry pi official site, I can see raspbian buster with desktop and raspbian stretch with desktop and recommended software link which is given below for your reference https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/

Please let me know that from where should I download raspbian stretch with desktop and raspbian stretch with desktop and recommended software for raspberry pi 3 Model B+ ?

Thanks,
Gaurav

wh7qq

Re: From where should i download raspbian stretch with desktop and raspbian stretch with desktop and recommended softwar

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:17 am

This labors the obvious but the files you want are right here...this page. If you open the 3 heavy lines at the extreme right-top of this page, you will see on the left a large band marked "Downloads". Select that and follow the instructions. This has all been changed recently, not for the better IMHO, but the above instructions will get you there.

wildestpixel

Re: From where should i download raspbian stretch with desktop and raspbian stretch with desktop and recommended softwar

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:47 am

I believe you are looking for an older download version of Stretch rather than the smart arse answer :

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/images/

This gives all previous versions released if you don’t want buster at the moment.it doesn’t however give an option including recommended software although that’s easily resolved once booted
Last edited by wildestpixel on Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
To infinity and the pond

Pi4B 4GB heading up the small armada

W. H. Heydt

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:49 am

gauravdev wrote:
From where should I download raspbian stretch with desktop and raspbian stretch with desktop and recommended software?
The current release is Buster. Why are you specifically looking for Stretch? (Every new major release *will* work on all older Pis. The newest models always require the--at the time--latest release. Thus, Buster will run just fine on a Pi3B+ but a Pi4B can only run Buster.)

wildestpixel

Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:57 am

W. H. Heydt wrote:
gauravdev wrote:
The current release is Buster. Why are you specifically looking for Stretch? (Every new major release *will* work on all older Pis. The newest models always require the--at the time--latest release. Thus, Buster will run just fine on a Pi3B+ but a Pi4B can only run Buster.)
There’s always a wider audience that will have FUD around earlyish adoption of the new distro, and with some things definitely still broken in buster I acknowledge people’s desire to stick with stretch presently.
To infinity and the pond

PhatFil

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:06 am

wh7qq wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:17 am
This labors the obvious but the files you want are right here...this page. If you open the 3 heavy lines at the extreme right-top of this page, you will see on the left a large band marked "Downloads". Select that and follow the instructions. This has all been changed recently, not for the better IMHO, but the above instructions will get you there.
Er i just looked and while the buster images are there, I failed to find a link to earlier releases in either the raspbian page
https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/raspbian/
or the installation guide it links to
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... /README.md

only hint of a stretch image was the x86 version..

Or I totally overlooked it??

regardless could you paste a link and or point out just how blind i am and show me please.

W. H. Heydt

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:14 am

wildestpixel wrote:
W. H. Heydt wrote:
gauravdev wrote:
There’s always a wider audience that will have FUD around earlyish adoption of the new distro, and with some things definitely still broken in buster I acknowledge people’s desire to stick with stretch presently.
Possibly, but it's an awfully specific request for a first post.

wildestpixel

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:18 am

W. H. Heydt wrote:
wildestpixel wrote:
W. H. Heydt wrote:

Its a shame for cases like this it appears the archives only keep a full image, but not a lite or fully loaded with recommended software. Options go from 3 choices to 1 once deprecated
To infinity and the pond

fruitoftheloom

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:47 am

wildestpixel wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:18 am
W. H. Heydt wrote:
wildestpixel wrote:

Its a shame for cases like this it appears the archives only keep a full image, but not a lite or fully loaded with recommended software. Options go from 3 choices to 1 once deprecated

Really ??

http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/
Retired disgracefully.....

wildestpixel

Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:53 am

Thanks fruit, one recursive directory and it’s all there in all it’s glory, my bad - hands up.

You have therefore definitively answered it.
To infinity and the pond

Return to “General discussion”