mcgregol

No sound interfaces working, including Bluetooth

Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:34 pm

I'm a beginner Pi 3 user and I was trying to get sound on Firefox ESR so I installed PulseAudio and edited a few config files. After this didn't work, didn't have ANY sound at all. I tried using the analog output and hooked it up to a bluetooth speaker without luck. I believe that my problem was related to the edited config files. Any ideas? I no longer care about sound for Firefox, just for Midori and Chromium. Thanks.

Douglas6

Re: No sound interfaces working, including Bluetooth

Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:42 pm

My recommendation is to flash a fresh new version of the OS. Then, don't install PulseAudio. Absolutely no need for a beginner to use that. Then use aplay to try to play .wav files. Then, if you are still having troubles, post a question here with specific software and output types you are trying to use.

mcgregol

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:49 pm

By "flash a new version of the os" do you mean reinstall it?

Douglas6

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:53 pm

Yuppers. You could try uninstalling PulseAudio and undoing any other changes you've made to sound system configuration files, but it might be easier and surer to start over.

mcgregol

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:57 pm

Ok. Thanks a lot. I've already uninstalled PulseAudio with no success so it must the the config files.

Return to “Troubleshooting”