Don Gouada

SMS Alert in cas of power faillure

Mon May 27, 2019 1:18 pm

hello !!
are you fine i hope.
i wish my raspberry send me sms when my power faillure.
i have raspberry pi 3, 3G key(Huawei E3531). i now general configuration but i'm not able to make the link betwen my power faillure and sms sending. i need your prcious help.
ths

pcmanbob

Re: SMS Alert in cas of power faillure

Tue May 28, 2019 8:34 am

Hi.

The first thing your pi will need is battery backup to keep it working when your supply fails , then you just need to use a gpio pin to monitor the supply and when it fails you trigger your sms send , you can do this in a simple python program.

For supply monitoring I suggest you use a small low voltage psu like the one supplying your pi and just interface it to the pi gpio , when the supply fails your psu will fail and so trigger your sms.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

Andyroo

Re: SMS Alert in cas of power faillure

Tue May 28, 2019 2:43 pm

You could even go way over the top and link in Solar power to keep the Pi and battery running.

Something like this https://uk.pi-supply.com/products/pijuice-standard will let you Pi go green :lol:

One other thing I use is an external monitoring system by Uptime Robot as I live in an area of poor to no mobile signal. This also picks up if the broadband dies :)
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Return to “Raspbian”