labboy

Re: [Guide][Testing] Kodi 18.0 Leia beta versions for Raspbian Stretch!

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:31 am

There are many things missing in this setup....

Code: Select all

apt-cache search kodi*
doesnt return all available addons that exist for Leia!
fear nothing, hope nothing, be free

Rascas

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:43 am

labboy wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:31 am
There are many things missing in this setup....

apt-cache search kodi*
doesnt return all available addons that exist for Leia!
Yes, some things may be missing, this is a beta versions and all the feedback is apreciated. What things do you think is missing and want to see in the repo ?

labboy

Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:57 am

Both pvr-teleboy and pvr-zattoo are missing ! It would be great if you could add them.

By the way: is there any particular reason why one can not just download RC1 version from the kodi.tv/download for raspberry? Only "Guide" is available...

Rascas

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:00 am

labboy wrote:
Both pvr-teleboy and pvr-zattoo are missing ! It would be great if you could add them.

By the way: is there any particular reason why one can not just download RC1 version from the kodi.tv/download for raspberry? Only "Guide" is available...
No problem, that ones were already on my todo list ;) I will upload them this weekend.

labboy

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:01 am

great thanks! Looking forward!

Rascas

Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:13 am

labboy wrote:

You can't download from the official site because they not provide a package for Linux systems. That depends on many things, like system, library versions, etc... That job is usally left for the Linux distributionss devs/users. It is almost impossible to support every Linux systems and architectures, and create a "global" package, because there are so many different ones.... And you can allways compile it yourself ;)

9acca9

Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:00 am

Hi. What about rc1??? it will be soon??
Thanks

Rascas

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:59 pm

Kodi 18 RC 1 available for update

Changelog:
-https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-leia-rc1-new-hope

Raspbian/RetroPie specific:
-Added various missing binary addons like pvr.zattoo, pvr.teleboy, vfs-sacd, etc
-All binary addons updated. Netflix works again if updated.

arpruss

Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:23 am

I've been having a really hard time getting the Netflix plugin working on my rpi 3 B+ with composite tv-out. I can see lists of streams, and thumbnails, but I get "Connection refused" errors in the log when I try to play any stream.

If anybody in this thread has Netflix working, would you be so kind as to tell me what combination of hardware, Kodi and Netflix add-on version numbers you're using. I've been using a fresh install of Raspbian Stretch, Kodi 18 beta 4 and rc 1, and I've tried 0.13.16, 0.13.17, 0.13.18, 0.13.19, a fixed 0.13.19 downloaded from some forum, and an unofficial 0.13.20 of the Netflix plugin, and no luck with any of them (though there are some differences in the error messages).

Rascas

Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:29 pm

arpruss wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:23 am
I've been having a really hard time getting the Netflix plugin working on my rpi 3 B+ with composite tv-out. I can see lists of streams, and thumbnails, but I get "Connection refused" errors in the log when I try to play any stream.

If anybody in this thread has Netflix working, would you be so kind as to tell me what combination of hardware, Kodi and Netflix add-on version numbers you're using. I've been using a fresh install of Raspbian Stretch, Kodi 18 beta 4 and rc 1, and I've tried 0.13.16, 0.13.17, 0.13.18, 0.13.19, a fixed 0.13.19 downloaded from some forum, and an unofficial 0.13.20 of the Netflix plugin, and no luck with any of them (though there are some differences in the error messages).
Basically. you need to get all the latest versions of the packages and the Netflix addon. This works for me:
-Kodi 18 RC1
-inputstream.adaptive 2.3.11
-Netflix addon 0.13.19 (https://github.com/asciidisco/plugin.vi ... x/releases)

After everything is updated, I recommend that you remove the Netflix Addon and install the latest release again. Than reboot and test.

PS: Don't forget to install Cryptdome python library, this only needs to be done once. In a terminal, as the user that will run Kodi (normally "pi", don't run as root/with sudo) do:

pip install --user pycryptodomex

arpruss

Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:00 pm

Thanks! Looking at the Netflix plugin issues page, it seems that Netflix changed something in their API yesterday and all the Kodi Netflix plugins are now broken (I checked this morning, and my GalliumOS notebook that worked over the weekend with Kodi+Netflix no longer does). Just my bad luck to be setting up the pi yesterday, and spending hours trying different things while thinking I'm doing something wrong.

Vivaldi still works with Netflix on the rpi 3. Maybe one can make a Vivaldi Launcher plugin. And maybe the plugin will be fixed.

labboy

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:53 pm

This is great! It works finally!
My concern now is that when I tried to restore my backup profile, naturally i get a warning that this is previous version. Not sure if this will mess up everything

Edcarlo157

Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:39 pm

I installed kodi 18 on raspbian stretch and it isn't working properly. Everything works until I start to watch something, kodi opens the file and plays normally but when I pause the video the screen fades to black (but I can still see the outline of the video) its as if the gui was been shown but nothing appears. And when I press the stop button (using Kore) the screen darkens completely.

I think its the same issue https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/132 ... inishes/11

Rascas

Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:46 pm

Edcarlo157 wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:39 pm
I installed kodi 18 on raspbian stretch and it isn't working properly. Everything works until I start to watch something, kodi opens the file and plays normally but when I pause the video the screen fades to black (but I can still see the outline of the video) its as if the gui was been shown but nothing appears. And when I press the stop button (using Kore) the screen darkens completely.

I think its the same issue https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/132 ... inishes/11
That problem in RetroPie is something else, most likely a signal loss on the HDMI cable, a better cable should fix that.

Your problem can be this, which only happens on Kodi 18, it seems to be a overscan bug in either Kodi 18 or the firmware:
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/193 ... etropie/44

Please post your Kodi debug log.
Last edited by Rascas on Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edcarlo157

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:03 am

Yep, just like him, when debug logging is enabled the gui shows up when I pause (and stop) the video. So I can't post a log. The issue seems to be related to the Estuary skin because when I changed to another skin the problem disappeared.

Rascas

Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:08 am

Edcarlo157 wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:03 am
Yep, just like him, when debug logging is enabled the gui shows up when I pause (and stop) the video. So I can't post a log. The issue seems to be related to the Estuary skin because when I changed to another skin the problem disappeared.
For a workaround until it is fixed, you can remove the overscan_scale=1 in /boot/config.txt.

cjan

Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:48 am

yahoo weather error, log

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) :
 -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: time data u'6:24 am' does not match format '%I:%M %p'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 305, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, locationid)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 115, in forecast
                                                properties(data, loc, locid)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 185, in properties
                                                props_astronomy(astronomy)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 235, in props_astronomy
                                                sunrise = time.strptime(astronomy['sunrise'], "%I:%M %p")
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 478, in _strptime_time
                                                return _strptime(data_string, format)[0]
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 332, in _strptime
                                                (data_string, format))
                                            ValueError: time data u'6:24 am' does not match format '%I:%M %p'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Rascas

Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:00 pm

cjan wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:48 am
yahoo weather error, log

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) :
 -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ValueError'>
                                            Error Contents: time data u'6:24 am' does not match format '%I:%M %p'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 305, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, locationid)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 115, in forecast
                                                properties(data, loc, locid)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 185, in properties
                                                props_astronomy(astronomy)
                                              File "/home/pi/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 235, in props_astronomy
                                                sunrise = time.strptime(astronomy['sunrise'], "%I:%M %p")
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 478, in _strptime_time
                                                return _strptime(data_string, format)[0]
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/_strptime.py", line 332, in _strptime
                                                (data_string, format))
                                            ValueError: time data u'6:24 am' does not match format '%I:%M %p'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

That is an specific problem of that addon, I cannot do much. Better post it on Kodi forum:
https://forum.kodi.tv

Ryan780

Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:39 am

I noticed that there's a new RC2 available. Any idea if you are going to update the repo for that one? Thanks!!

Rascas

Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:42 pm

Ryan780 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:39 am
I noticed that there's a new RC2 available. Any idea if you are going to update the repo for that one? Thanks!!
Yes we will update soon, probably on RC3 now.

mivalsten

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:37 am

Hi,
This is my first post, so sorry in advance if I make some mistakes.

I have installed kodi18 (18.0-RC1 Git:20181121-be9bd450fa-dirty) as well as inputstream.adaptive and netflix addon. It launches fine, but is unable to install widevine. What happens when I try to watch any video is it prompts me to install widevine, then I accept EULA, then there is message about kpart or parted needed on my system (parted is present), then there is a cogwheel. I left my system running overnight but nothing happened, there is also no information in log about any errors.
I tried putting libwidevinecdm.so manually extracted from the chromeOS image in ~/.kodi/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so and ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.module.inputstreamhelper/cdm/libwidevinecdm.so but with no avail.

Any assistance would be highly apreciated.

Best Regards!

Susky

Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Hello Guys,

I'm a new user of Pi, but i follow Yours instrucions and finally get kodi v.18 on my Pi. Today i have question how update it to new kodi relase RC3 ?

Cheers from Poland,
Susky

Rascas

Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Susky wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:09 pm
Hello Guys,

I'm a new user of Pi, but i follow Yours instrucions and finally get kodi v.18 on my Pi. Today i have question how update it to new kodi relase RC3 ?

Cheers from Poland,
Susky
Like you normally do to update anything else. But you will have to wait, RC3 is not avalaible yet, probably know only for 2019.

tom3f

Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Hello, thanks for tutorial, i installed kodi 18 on raspbian. Is there any change about gaming in kodi? I am looking for ps1 emulator. But i don't want internet rom luncher. I would like to run offline games from local image on disk. When we can expect gaming in kodi 18?

Rascas

Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:03 pm

tom3f wrote:
Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:50 pm
Hello, thanks for tutorial, i installed kodi 18 on raspbian. Is there any change about gaming in kodi? I am looking for ps1 emulator. But i don't want internet rom luncher. I would like to run offline games from local image on disk. When we can expect gaming in kodi 18?
This Kodi 18 test builds has support for retroplayer already, but we don't compile the addons/emulators. It is a lot of them, they take a lot of time to compile and of course, much work to maintain them. The emulators alone, are much bigger than Kodi itself. We don't have plans to do that work, but we will see if we can take them from the LibreELEC project, which is the only one project that we know that currently maintain them for the Raspberry Pi.
But even if that is possible, don't expect to be available in a short time period. If you really want to also play PS1 games on the Pi, I recommed that you install RetroPie. You also have Kodi (this Kodi test builds are also available on it) and you can play PS1 and pretty much all emulators that can run on the Pi. And the emulators have better performance and are less buggy, you just have to exit Kodi to Emulation Station to play them.

Return to “Media centres”