Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:42 am

Imperf3kt wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:21 am
W. H. Heydt wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:02 am
awesomelydeluxe wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 pm

It was from my computer programming teacher
My opinion of your programming teacher is now quite low. Either he is covering up for his own ignorance (a bad practice, especially for teachers), or he's spreading a rather malicious lie and should know better. Either way, it puts him in a very poor light.
It's also possible the information said teacher relayed was misconstrued.
For example, there is no HDMI port on a CM
Possible, I suppose, but the CM Pis don't have *any* "ports", in the sense of common connectors that most people think of, and at the same time, it exposes *all* interfaces...including HDMI. However, the OP claimed to have heard that it lacked "integrated graphics" and that doesn't imply anything one way or the other about an HDMI connection.

W. H. Heydt

Re: Compute Module

Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:45 am

awesomelydeluxe wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:42 am
Yeah he doesn't really know that much about the Raspberry Pi. He was just assuming that the whole 'compute' thing meant it was only capable of computing and not really displaying. IDK. He means well though.
Sigh... That sort of assumption is likely to get him into all sorts of messes, even just when discussing programming. I once had someone make an assertion about a language I knew very well and he didn't. He got quite indignant when I pointed out that he was wrong. He tried to agrue the point.

awesomelydeluxe

Re: Compute Module

Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:09 am

Well changing the subject, is the breakout board required to have certain components?

Return to “Compute Module”