PiGuy007

7" display connection to RPI

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:52 am

Hi

I bought a 7" touch display and is currently looking at how to connect it to my raspberry pi 3.
The manufacture is Chefree Technology model ch070OLFL-WVCT2. Below i have added a picture from the datasheet containing the connections. and a picture of the back of the display.
Back.jpg
Back.jpg (59.43 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
The attachment Back.jpg is no longer available
I have been looking at this, but i'm not sure it will work since adaruit has parallel RGB and mine is serial. Also the touch is not included in the 40 pin ribbon.
https://www.adafruit.com/product/2453

I have also been looking at a LVDS to HDMI converter But am not sure if this will work.
https://docs-emea.rs-online.com/webdocs ... 3599c5.pdf

Please help me find a more suitable controller board.

Thanks, Andreas
Attachments
Datasheet.jpg
Datasheet.jpg (62.71 KiB) Viewed 1483 times

scotty101

Re: 7" display connection to RPI

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:36 am

PiGuy007 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:52 am
I bought a 7" touch display and is currently looking at how to connect it to my raspberry pi 3.
The manufacture is Chefree Technology model ch070OLFL-WVCT2.
This is why you should check for compatibility with the raspberry pi BEFORE you buy something.
If you had bought the official 7" display, you'd have it working already.
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

aBUGSworstnightmare

Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:21 pm

Do you have a USB controller for the touch? In case of I2C you may never get it working ...

Your display is using LVDS interface. So you need to find a controller board which is supporting it. Sorry, can't make any recommendation as I'm building my LVDS adapters myself.

PiGuy007

Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:52 am

aBUGSworstnightmare wrote: Do you have a USB controller for the touch? In case of I2C you may never get it working ...

Your display is using LVDS interface. So you need to find a controller board which is supporting it. Sorry, can't make any recommendation as I'm building my LVDS adapters myself.
The touch is using I2C. But it should be possible to find a library for it.

I have considered building a LVDS adapter myself, but i'm not sure where to begin.

Return to “HATs and other add-ons”