cjdawson

Re: [Guide] Scheduled Reboots: Keep your Pi Fresh!

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:28 am

Stumbled across this post after my Raspberry PI 2, stopped working and would not reboot.
I'm guessing that the memory card has corrupted again and I'll have to rebuild it. This is the second time it's happened for me.
So I'm thinking about instigating a weekly reboot, just so that the PI can go through the restart sequence. So whilst some may question that whether a scheduled reboot is needed at all. I'd prefer to err on the side of, if it doesn't hurt, why not.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: [Guide] Scheduled Reboots: Keep your Pi Fresh!

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:37 am

cjdawson wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:28 am
Stumbled across this post after my Raspberry PI 2, stopped working and would not reboot.
I'm guessing that the memory card has corrupted again and I'll have to rebuild it. This is the second time it's happened for me.
So I'm thinking about instigating a weekly reboot, just so that the PI can go through the restart sequence. So whilst some may question that whether a scheduled reboot is needed at all. I'd prefer to err on the side of, if it doesn't hurt, why not.
It doesn't hurt, but shouldn't really be necessary. apt update/upgrade would be sensible once a week or so.

Going to close this thread anyway, got a bit heated back aways.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

Return to “Beginners”