joggyBnoob

Re: fruitbox MP3 jukebox

Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Hi,
I have the same problem with joysticks and delays.
I use Rpi3 model B with fan, SD C10 Ultra SanDisk. Power supply 12v 3A.
Mp3 via usb key.
Rasbian full.
I set up the keyboard to use fruitbox.

Some tests:

Everything works fine but when I connect arcade joysticks type Aliexpress, there are long delays. a joystick = long delay, 2 joysticks = very long delay.
Everything is normal as soon as I disconnect the 2 joysticks.

I tested with an XboxOne joystick and a Logitech joystick and there is a slight delay as soon as I connect the joysticks and 5 seconds later, everything is stable.

The Rpi3 voltage warning light appears for a few seconds on the screen as soon as I plug in a joystick.
After a few minutes when everything is stable, and with 2 joysticks and a keyboard connected, when I turn the pages there is a delay and the warning light voltage appears at the same time.

The problem seems to come from the low power of the power supply.And also the poor quality of usb encoders.

I did these tests with Rasbian Full and Rasbian without desktop.

Can anyone confirm that?

Cheers.

joggyBnoob

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:20 pm

I use Rpi3 model B with fan, SD C10 Ultra SanDisk. Power supply (((12v 3A.))) ---> 5v 3A ;)

dlink

Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:47 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:15 pm
dlink wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:50 pm
fruitbox wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:24 pm

Hi,

fruitbox should be able to handle the USB joystick controller no problem. As an experiment, could you try disconnecting it, reconfiguring your buttons and see if the problem persists please without the joystick connected?

You should be able to use your 3-pinned buttons I reckon; one pin is GND, the other is the button switch (which you connect to the GPIO) and the third is the LED power (usually, but best double-check yours!). If you put an inline resistor on the LED pin and connected that to a different GPIO you might even be able get fruitbox to light up the buttons using the status $SET_GPIO_XX_LO/HI variables :))

Mike

Mike,
hard wiring is not an option on this build but maybe the next build I can try that. I'm building this for my mom's 75 Birthday in two weeks so the project is almost complete. The Jukebox is in a frame and kinda sealed with a console USB port that I can plug in a keyboard to. Option to plug and unplug the joystick controller at this point would mean a disassemble. I did however try 1.10 I thought with just the keyboard when it was disassembled and if I remember correctly it worked but not 100% sure if I'm remembering correctly. I have some backup images that I will through on another SD card and another PI that I was testing with and see if I get the same results without the joystick if so I know for sure it's not hardware Joystick or PI. If I don't have any issues then it would take some more troubleshooting. I question if anyone else is just running a joystick USB controller with only buttons and fruitbox 1.10. If they are I would love to know if they reconfigured their buttons with no issues. Anyhow I will keep trying to figure it out.
Thanks for the update - I'm as keen to get to the bottom of this as you are so I'll spend some time looking at what I changed between 1.5 and 1.10 to see if I can narrow anything down. I've tested it with three different USB joysticks I have and it all works fine, so I'm a bit stumped at the moment!

Cheers,
Mike
Mike I did some more testing using my other PI and a different button controller. I used my Mame IPac controller and Arcade Buttons (Real relays non LED buttons) hooked to a Pi 3 using USB and a backup copy of the SD card that has both fruitbox 1.05 and 1.10 on it. Results are a little different then I thought and may have uncovered another issue. This time I have no delays in either version however I had very strange results using the different button configuration tools. I configured my buttons the same way in bothin 1.05 and 1.10 and had issues in both. Buttons 24 and 26 did said it mapped correctly but did not function as mapped, no matter how many times I went back and mapped them. I even checked sudo nano fruitbox.btn and checked to make sure they are mapped correctly and they are. I configured the buttons in both versions using the tool to map button3 = keyboard 26 and button4 = keyboard 24. When I ran the jukebox 1.05 button3 was actually button3 but button4 was 'clear' so I ran the tool multiple times choosing button 4 and still it's function was 'clear' even though the fruitbox.btn says button4 = keyboard 24 and there is no other mapping to 'clear'. I tried the same process in fruitbox 1.10 and in this version button3 = keyboard 26 functioned as 'Mute' and button4 = keyboard 24 was dead or is doing a function that I do not have visibility to (Aka Alpha). So in summary both versions the button configurations I chose for at least one or two buttons perform a different function then what it's mapped too and what the fruitbox.btn file shows. Not sure if this has anything to do with the delay but seems to indicate that there is an issue with button mapping.

fruitbox

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:15 pm

dlink wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Mike I did some more testing using my other PI and a different button controller. I used my Mame IPac controller and Arcade Buttons (Real relays non LED buttons) hooked to a Pi 3 using USB and a backup copy of the SD card that has both fruitbox 1.05 and 1.10 on it. Results are a little different then I thought and may have uncovered another issue. This time I have no delays in either version however I had very strange results using the different button configuration tools. I configured my buttons the same way in bothin 1.05 and 1.10 and had issues in both. Buttons 24 and 26 did said it mapped correctly but did not function as mapped, no matter how many times I went back and mapped them. I even checked sudo nano fruitbox.btn and checked to make sure they are mapped correctly and they are. I configured the buttons in both versions using the tool to map button3 = keyboard 26 and button4 = keyboard 24. When I ran the jukebox 1.05 button3 was actually button3 but button4 was 'clear' so I ran the tool multiple times choosing button 4 and still it's function was 'clear' even though the fruitbox.btn says button4 = keyboard 24 and there is no other mapping to 'clear'. I tried the same process in fruitbox 1.10 and in this version button3 = keyboard 26 functioned as 'Mute' and button4 = keyboard 24 was dead or is doing a function that I do not have visibility to (Aka Alpha). So in summary both versions the button configurations I chose for at least one or two buttons perform a different function then what it's mapped too and what the fruitbox.btn file shows. Not sure if this has anything to do with the delay but seems to indicate that there is an issue with button mapping.
Hi,

Thanks for doing all this testing. So I've done some experimenting myself, and managed to reproduce the Button3 and Button4 issues you are seeing on V1.10. (I didn't repeat the experiment for v1.05 because the issue looked similar; I would expect a subtle difference in the issue because extra buttons have been added between those two versions which would affect the results).

The conclusion I have come to is that you are seeing issues because you are re-mapping Button3 and Button4 onto existing key codes, resulting in duplicated key codes...i.e. mapping keyboard 24 onto Button3 means Button3 will share the same code and device as the default button mapping for ButtonPause, and likewise, your Button4 is mapped to the same code and device as ButtonClear.

What is happening internally is whenever a button press is detected, fruitbox scans through its list of button mappings (user defined and default) and stops if it gets a match. Button4 comes after ButtonClear in the internal list and so Button4 will never be detected (it will be registered as ButtonClear), likewise Button3 will be interpreted as ButtonPause. What you need to do is re-map ButtonPause and ButtonClear to make sure they don't have the same codes as Button3 and Button4.

In future releases, I may trap duplicated key code mappings and bomb out...

Hope this makes sense?

Cheers,
Mike

toibs

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 pm

Hiya Mike!

First of all - this looks Awesome!!! :) Great work!

Just wondered on recommendations on Screen. Would love to be able to use a Touchscreen with this, the size would have to realistically be 10" to allow for decent button presses (in my little head, anyway!)

Are there any recommendations for types of screen that would work from yourself (or anyone??!!)?? Would love something that would allow the Pi+ Amp to be mounted on the back, - along with speaker connections etc....

Looking about, the most popular seems to be the Waveshare 10.1"... Anyone any success with this??
(or maybe even something flash like this, however it uses USB for the touch which i guess wouldnt work? : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-Inch ... 98095.html )

Many thanks again
Paul

Scally

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:02 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:09 pm
Scally wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:15 pm
(re: libpng error)

I tried to use your suggested command (sudo apt-get install libpng16-16) but it gives an error, Unable to locate package.

So I'm really hoping that Mike can release a version for Jessie. Thanks in advance!
Hi,

Just tried building fruitbox on jessie...got the mpg123 and allegro libraries built ok, but fruitbox itself requires gcc 6, and jessie only shipped with 4...I could try compiling gcc 6 itself but it takes around 6 hours on a Pi 3, and I've only got a Pi zero!

Anyone out there know if I can just download pre-built gcc 6 (.3.0) raspberry pi jessie binaries from anywhere?

EDIT: Just kicked off a gcc 6 build on my Pi zero. Apparently it takes about 48 hours (if I don't hit any problems). I really need to get myself a Pi 3...

EDIT2: Ran out of memory during gcc build after about 8 hours...serves me right for being cheap and only using an 8G SD card...restarted compile with 32G card so fingers crossed (and still running after 14 hours (which is good I believe!))...

Cheers,
Mike
I was wondering if the compilation had managed to complete? No rush, I know you've plenty of requests coming in.
Cheers

fruitbox

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:30 pm

Scally wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:02 pm

I was wondering if the compilation had managed to complete? No rush, I know you've plenty of requests coming in.
Cheers
Hi,

gcc finished compiling this morning ;). It compiled fruitbox ok, but the linker gave some errors, so I'm looking into those...haven't a clue how to fix them at the moment but will perservere!

Cheers,
Mike

fruitbox

Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:35 pm

toibs wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:35 pm
Hiya Mike!

First of all - this looks Awesome!!! :) Great work!

Just wondered on recommendations on Screen. Would love to be able to use a Touchscreen with this, the size would have to realistically be 10" to allow for decent button presses (in my little head, anyway!)

Are there any recommendations for types of screen that would work from yourself (or anyone??!!)?? Would love something that would allow the Pi+ Amp to be mounted on the back, - along with speaker connections etc....

Looking about, the most popular seems to be the Waveshare 10.1"... Anyone any success with this??
(or maybe even something flash like this, however it uses USB for the touch which i guess wouldnt work? : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10-Inch ... 98095.html )

Many thanks again
Paul
Hi Paul,

Sorry I don't have any touch screen recommendations, but I think a touch screen with USB for the touch should work (it's just an input device after all). In fruitbox you can specify the name of a touch screen other than the official Raspberry Pi one, and as long as it generates standard touch events it should be ok (if not we can try and get it working together). One user (mamer999) to my knowledge has already got a non-official touch screen going with fruitbox; the debug we did for that ironed out several problems so it should be plain sailing from now on... (famous last words).

Cheers,
mike

toibs

Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:29 am

Cool - thanks Mike :)

Amp on the way... Doing the basic install to get everything ready for it's arrival...

Once i get it running i'll worry about the screen... :)

Back soon ;)

fruitbox

Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:09 am

Hi

fruitbox v1.11 is now released!

Highlights:

-> fruitbox versions for Stretch (fruitbox) and Jessie (fruitbox-jessie)
-> Reduced ALSA audio lag (upgraded Allegro library from 5.2.2 to 5.2.4)

Bug-fixes:
-> User Device buttons correctly recognised when reading fruitbox.btn file

Enhancements:
-> Check for duplicated button mappings

Audio Lag

The audio lag has now been sorted. Not sure if anyone had noticed, but there has always been about a one-second delay when starting/stopping music and sound effects. Not really noticable in the jukebox context, but it has been bugging me for ages. Nothing I could do about it because it was in one of the Allegro libraries. Well, I noticed that the latest Allegro release a couple of weeks ago it had the comment "fixed ALSA lag in the audio addon", so I upgraded to the latest version of Allegro, and hey presto! No more audio lag :) It was particularly noticable when changing the volume, muting, and sound effects (i.e. coin drop). So I'm well pleased!

Jessie version

There are now two executables in GitHub. The orignal 'fruitbox' which is for Raspian Stretch, and a new executable 'fruitbox-jessie'. No prizes for guessing what Raspbian version that one is for... If you are going to use the Jessie version, make sure you change it's permissions in the same way as the stretch version (i.e. sudo chmod +x ./fruitbox-jessie). Apart from that everything works the same.

As usual, you can download fruitbox from GitHub here...

https://github.com/chundermike/rpi-fruitbox

(see README.md for installation instructions)

I'm having a few days off fruitbox, and then will start tweaking for the next release...1.12 is going to include a great new feature some have asked for...

Cheers,
Mike

mamer999

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:40 am

mamer999 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:58 pm
fruitbox wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:24 pm
ajMatus wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:15 pm
Hi,

Mike, which executable is it that we have to use now? I just got my 7" official touchscreen today spent like two hours wondering why it didn't work with the TouchOne screen skin, until finally started reading the comments and tried the jurgen 1.9 and boom it worked. Just posting in case someone else goes through the same as I... jeje :D

On another note, this is a bit off topic but since I had mentioned it earlier on the forum somwhere in reference to it being able to play music videos. It takes off a bit the old jukebox taste off it yes, but I've seen it done in some bars. You had mentioned that it playing videos would take off the possibility of selection. An idea, why not have it play the videos "if" one is selected, however as soon as the 'insert coin' option is triggered the video selection is pushed in the background while still playing, and the selection screen is pushed up front to the user, and until a selection is done then the video comes back up front at the point where it playing. Once a video is done playing of course the selection screen pops back up. Again it may be just rambling of me, but would be a cool thing to have.

Cheers,
Hi,

Yes sorry the releases have a got a little confusing now... The latest is 1.8, and there is an un-official release (1.9.jurgen3) as you have noticed. I will make that the next official release (I was waiting for Jurgen to do another touch screen size test, but I guess I'll just go for it...). When doing the changes for Jurgen, I noticed that the existing touch input was broken. After a little investigation it looks like it is broken in both 1.7 and 1.8, so that would explain what you are seeing...all good in 1.9 though. Again, sorry I should have either sorted it straight away or at least make people aware of it...

Regarding music videos, a while ago I attempted to add that but the performance of video playback was appauling, and limited to OGG files only (but you can easily generate these from other formats using ffmpg). However, since it's a topic that has been mentioned a few times, I may re-visit it and see what I can do. It may not be for a little while though, but I'll definitely give it some thought...

Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike,
I apologize that I have not reported earlier. Unfortunately, I have to postpone the test for the second touchscreen, because I need a HDMI2VGA adapter for it. As I already said, it's going on vacation for two weeks today. I will do the test afterwards.
Thanks again and see you later.

Cheers
Jürgen
Hi Mike, Now I'm back from vacation and want to test the second touch screen. Problem: evtest shows this device twice (event0 and event1). The name ("eGalax Inc. Touch") is identical! In the test, event0 shows no reaction, only event1 works. --test-buttons but seems to use event0 and does not respond to touches. Also the graphic interface (X) does not react. So I have to persuade the sytem to always use event1, but at the moment I do not know how to do that! I will do research.

Cheers

Jürgen

karrika

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Thank you for the Jessie version!

Actually I don't need it. But now as it exists I will put it on my Atari Lynx Retro console (Stone Age version) just for fun.

Naturally I need to build a smaller skin as the size is just 800 x 480 pixels. It may also need a square rotating record as I don't know if they had round records in Flintstones times... I assume these old stone cakes were rotating at 78 rpm.

This has no touch screen so I need to emulate a joypad.

Scally

Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:30 pm

I too want to say a BIG thank you for the Jessie version! It really looks great!

But now I too have some very significant delays from my 2 (identical) DragonRise Inc Generic USB Joystick controllers. When I run with test buttons, the answers pop up instantly. But both actually configuring them, and using them ends up with 10's of seconds of delay. When I run with retropie they behave very well. I'll have a read through previous posts if there's anything else I should check. Note I also have a keyboard attached.

fruitbox

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Scally wrote:
I too want to say a BIG thank you for the Jessie version! It really looks great!

But now I too have some very significant delays from my 2 (identical) DragonRise Inc Generic USB Joystick controllers. When I run with test buttons, the answers pop up instantly. But both actually configuring them, and using them ends up with 10's of seconds of delay. When I run with retropie they behave very well. I'll have a read through previous posts if there's anything else I should check. Note I also have a keyboard attached.
Hi,

A few things you can try...

1. First thing to check for sluggish behaviour is are you getting "0x505" errors on the console (indicating lack of GPU memory)?
2. Does frutibox work full speed with just the keyboard?
3. And does it work ok with just one joystick?
4. Any chance of powr supply issues?

If youcontinue to have problems I may add some debug and send you a special version so that I could maybe narrow down where the delays are happening...

Cheers,
Mike

fruitbox

Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:40 pm

mamer999 wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:40 am
mamer999 wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:58 pm
fruitbox wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi,

Yes sorry the releases have a got a little confusing now... The latest is 1.8, and there is an un-official release (1.9.jurgen3) as you have noticed. I will make that the next official release (I was waiting for Jurgen to do another touch screen size test, but I guess I'll just go for it...). When doing the changes for Jurgen, I noticed that the existing touch input was broken. After a little investigation it looks like it is broken in both 1.7 and 1.8, so that would explain what you are seeing...all good in 1.9 though. Again, sorry I should have either sorted it straight away or at least make people aware of it...

Regarding music videos, a while ago I attempted to add that but the performance of video playback was appauling, and limited to OGG files only (but you can easily generate these from other formats using ffmpg). However, since it's a topic that has been mentioned a few times, I may re-visit it and see what I can do. It may not be for a little while though, but I'll definitely give it some thought...

Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike,
I apologize that I have not reported earlier. Unfortunately, I have to postpone the test for the second touchscreen, because I need a HDMI2VGA adapter for it. As I already said, it's going on vacation for two weeks today. I will do the test afterwards.
Thanks again and see you later.

Cheers
Jürgen
Hi Mike, Now I'm back from vacation and want to test the second touch screen. Problem: evtest shows this device twice (event0 and event1). The name ("eGalax Inc. Touch") is identical! In the test, event0 shows no reaction, only event1 works. --test-buttons but seems to use event0 and does not respond to touches. Also the graphic interface (X) does not react. So I have to persuade the sytem to always use event1, but at the moment I do not know how to do that! I will do research.

Cheers

Jürgen
Hi Jürgen

If you don't make any progress I could add a command line switch "--ignore-event <num>' which would make frutibox ignore those events specified (i.e. "--ignore-event 0" would make fruitbox ignore event0 devices)

Let me know if this would be of any use...

Cheers,
Mike

mamer999

Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:48 pm

Cheers

Jürgen
[/quote]
Hi Jürgen

If you don't make any progress I could add a command line switch "--ignore-event <num>' which would make frutibox ignore those events specified (i.e. "--ignore-event 0" would make fruitbox ignore event0 devices)

Let me know if this would be of any use...

Cheers,
Mike
[/quote]

Hi Mike,

I think I found a solution for the event0 / event1 problem. On http://www.jensd.de/wordpress/?p=845 there is a description that works. But unfortunately there is a new problem. If I interpret the output of evtest correctly, a touch on the top left delivers 500,500 and bottom right 1500,1500. The resolution, however, is 1024x768. I do not know if and how I can solve this with --touch-scale.

Cheers

Jürgen

fruitbox

Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Hi Jürgen

Looks like I need to add --touch-offset or something similar to allow you to define start co-ordinates?

Mike

mamer999

Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:50 pm

fruitbox wrote:
Hi Jürgen

Looks like I need to add --touch-offset or something similar to allow you to define start co-ordinates?

Mike
Hi Mike,

I do not see another solution at the moment either. I have tried with negative coordinates in [touch-areas], unfortunately without success.

fruitbox

Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:16 pm

mamer999 wrote:
fruitbox wrote:
Hi Jürgen

Mike
Hi Mike,

I do not see another solution at the moment either. I have tried with negative coordinates in [touch-areas], unfortunately without success.
Hi Jürgen

I've put a new fruitbox executable on GitHub (fruitbox-1.11.jergen) for you to try. This has a new command line argument "--touch-offset x y" which allows you to apply an offset to the touch co-ordinates, before any touch scaling is applied. Note I haven't managed to test this at all so may not work as expected, but let me know what happens please!

For your case, if the top left is returning (500,500), then to translate this to (0,0) you need to set the offsets to (-500, -500). And as the bottom right returns (1500,1500), it appears your touch area size for the whole screen is (1500-500, 1500-500) = (1000,1000). Since your screen resolution is (1024, 768) then you need to scale the touch area by (1024/1000, 768/1000) to match the screen size (ie. so that touch bottom right gives (1024, 768) and not (1000,1000).

So your fruitbox command line arguments would be ...

Code: Select all

./fruitbox --cfg <skin file> --touch-offset -500 -500 --touch-scale 1.024 0.768
Cheers,
Mike

mamer999

Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:40 am

fruitbox wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:16 pm
mamer999 wrote:
fruitbox wrote:
Hi Jürgen

Mike
Hi Mike,

Hi Jürgen

I've put a new fruitbox executable on GitHub (fruitbox-1.11.jergen) for you to try. This has a new command line argument "--touch-offset x y" which allows you to apply an offset to the touch co-ordinates, before any touch scaling is applied. Note I haven't managed to test this at all so may not work as expected, but let me know what happens please!

For your case, if the top left is returning (500,500), then to translate this to (0,0) you need to set the offsets to (-500, -500). And as the bottom right returns (1500,1500), it appears your touch area size for the whole screen is (1500-500, 1500-500) = (1000,1000). Since your screen resolution is (1024, 768) then you need to scale the touch area by (1024/1000, 768/1000) to match the screen size (ie. so that touch bottom right gives (1024, 768) and not (1000,1000).

So your fruitbox command line arguments would be ...

Code: Select all

./fruitbox --cfg <skin file> --touch-offset -500 -500 --touch-scale 1.024 0.768
Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your efforts. Yes, it gets better. If I use my skin, which I had adapted for the first monitor (1600x900), I can operate the buttons. However, interestingly, I have to set the offset for Y to -700! The title selection does not work, it is always a song selected, which is higher up on the screen.
The coordinates for the buttons are:

[touch areas]
ButtonVol- = 76 789 64 99
ButtonVol + = 196 789 64 99
ButtonRandom = 846 789 188 99
ButtonSkip = 1092 789 188 99
ButtonLeft = 1326 789 96 99
ButtonRight = 1448 789 90 99

Cheers
Jürgen

fruitbox

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:11 am

mamer999 wrote:
Hi Mike,

Thank you for your efforts. Yes, it gets better. If I use my skin, which I had adapted for the first monitor (1600x900), I can operate the buttons. However, interestingly, I have to set the offset for Y to -700! The title selection does not work, it is always a song selected, which is higher up on the screen.

[touch areas]

Cheers
Jürgen
Hi Jürgen,

Can I have a bit more information please?

1. Are the problems above on your 1600x900 monitor and not the 1024x768 you mentioned before?
2. If so, what does evtest report for top left touch and bottom right touch?
3. If you use the TouchOne skin unmodified, what happens? (fruitbox should scale this scale for your screen size automatically)

Thanks,
Mike

mamer999

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:32 am

fruitbox wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:11 am
mamer999 wrote:
Hi Mike,

[touch areas]

Cheers
Jürgen
Hi Jürgen,

Can I have a bit more information please?

1. Are the problems above on your 1600x900 monitor and not the 1024x768 you mentioned before?
2. If so, what does evtest report for top left touch and bottom right touch?
3. If you use the TouchOne skin unmodified, what happens? (fruitbox should scale this scale for your screen size automatically)

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
sorry, I should have described that in more detail. I test on the monitor 1024x768. Here I use the skin, which I had adjusted natively for the monitor 1600x900.

On the monitor 1600x900 everything worked, the positions of evtest corresponded to the physical coordinates.

With the unmodified Skin TouchOne I have the same problems on the 1024x768 as described before. Buttons work when I set touch-offset to -500 -700. Title selection does not work correctly.

Cheers

Jürgen

fruitbox

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:50 am

mamer999 wrote:

Hi Mike,
sorry, I should have described that in more detail. I test on the monitor 1024x768. Here I use the skin, which I had adjusted natively for the monitor 1600x900.

On the monitor 1600x900 everything worked, the positions of evtest corresponded to the physical coordinates.

With the unmodified Skin TouchOne I have the same problems on the 1024x768 as described before. Buttons work when I set touch-offset to -500 -700. Title selection does not work correctly.

Cheers

Jürgen
Thanks Jürgen,

Just one last request; can you PM me the following information please?...

1. All your skin cfg files you are using for these tests
2. Each fruitbox command line including all arguments
3. A summary of the results for each test - what works, what doesn't.
4. evtest output for any touch device you are testing (top left, bottom right touch) along with the screen resolution

From this information I may be able to understand exactly what's happening!

Sorry if that's rather a lot of information I'm asking for...

Cheers,
Mike

mamer999

Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:58 am

fruitbox wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:50 am
mamer999 wrote:

Hi Mike,

Cheers

Jürgen
Thanks Jürgen,

Just one last request; can you PM me the following information please?...

1. All your skin cfg files you are using for these tests
2. Each fruitbox command line including all arguments
3. A summary of the results for each test - what works, what doesn't.
4. evtest output for any touch device you are testing (top left, bottom right touch) along with the screen resolution

From this information I may be able to understand exactly what's happening!

Sorry if that's rather a lot of information I'm asking for...

Cheers,
Mike
Hi Mike,
no problem, I will provide you the data this afternoon.
But I hope you do not have to do it just for me. That only makes sense if others can benefit from it!

greeting

Jürgen

Scally

Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:49 am

fruitbox wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:19 pm
Scally wrote:

Hi,

A few things you can try...

1. First thing to check for sluggish behaviour is are you getting "0x505" errors on the console (indicating lack of GPU memory)?
2. Does frutibox work full speed with just the keyboard?
3. And does it work ok with just one joystick?
4. Any chance of powr supply issues?

If youcontinue to have problems I may add some debug and send you a special version so that I could maybe narrow down where the delays are happening...

Cheers,
Mike
Thanks for the tips, so I've done a few tests.
1) there are no x505 errors - the screen shows no other error messages either
2) runs fine with just the keyboard
3) indeed, runs fine with only 1 controller plugged in
- with 2 controllers, the first few presses have a second or two delay, then after a few more the delays increase to about 15 seconds
4) I'm using a 5v 2A supply, but I have not noticed any delay issues when running retropie
- I do have 12 buttons permanently lit, powered by the pi through the generic USB controllers (split 6+6), the other buttons only light up when pressed.
- I don't see any kind of voltage warning messages (am running from the command line, so don't know if I'd get one anyway)

I also tried removing the .btn file, but still running with the 2x USB controllers attached - in this case, the keyboard also slows down after the first few key presses, eventually taking 10's of seconds.

Actually, one thing that did confuse me was that the joystick up/down highlight does not go down from one tag to the one below (on the same WallJuke screen) - you seemingly have to move right until it moves to the tag below. Is that by design?

I'd be happy to run some further debug, or do you think I need a different power supply?

Return to “Graphics, sound and multimedia”