Waste

Personal Project In Need of Major Assistance

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:51 am

Hello, Raspberry Pi world!
New member here looking for some help on a personal project.
I have a list of things I want to be able to do with my Raspberry Pi 3 and looking for input on possibly the best way to go about it, and/or if I will need more then just 1 Raspberry Pi 3 to achieve these items.
My Raspberry Pi 3 will be connected to a 9'' HD TFT LCD Monitor (1080P/720P)(16:9)

- I want to change the Raspberry Pi 3 Boot/Startup to my own custom (video/boot)
- I want to be able to control my LED lights on and off + color wheel.
- I want to be able to view my Car Battery Information (Battery Charge Level/Voltage being used)
- I want to be able to view/playback Dashcam footage from 2 dashcams that will be connected to the Raspberry Pi 3.
- I want to have my Raspberry Pi 3 connect to my vehicle to view the following (Tire Pressures / Open Doors / Oil % )
- I have an electrical bed cover coming soon I would like to open and close using the Raspberry Pi 3.
- Possibly open and close my car windows with a few saved open positions.
Last major thing on my list is to change the Raspberry Pi 3 from a windows platform to something similar to a car stero look. Similar to this idea layout I made.

boyoh

Re: Personal Project In Need of Major Assistance

Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:28 pm

Make this your first suggested project (- I want to be able to control my LED lights on and off + color wheel.)
This will be your first learning curve,You must compleat this project first , as you will fail on the rest of the projects
Some breadboard work will be very helpful first ,
BoyOh ( Selby, North Yorkshire.UK)
Some Times Right Some Times Wrong

rados-dataplicity

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:11 am

I tinker around with Raspberry Pis daily and make sure that people can easily access theirs remotely.

Community outreach @ dataplicity.com

Waste

Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:52 pm

Thank you for the links + tips on what to start with, as well as quick responses! I'll try to post progress updates and if anyone else can assist with any other guide links for the rest of the items I'd really appreciate that!

**Update** 2/22/2018
Purchased a Bread Board to set up the connections for the LEDs and started researching a bit more info over it. Ended up also buying an 8 channel relay board to connect each LED to and will be setting the breadboard with the relays run tests and if everything goes well will be transferring the breadboard connections to my Half Size - RPi Proto Breadboard I also picked up while doing more research.

Return to “Beginners”