leelabks

Cannot Rotate the LCD display touch screen

Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:45 am

I am using the latest Raspian ("Linux raspberrypi 4.4.50-v7+") downloaded from raspberrypi.org, i can use the command "display_rotate=2" to rotate the screen display 180degC but i cannot rotate the capacitive touch display. After some study, i use "lcd_rotate=2", but i still cannot achieve to rotate the screen and the touch display.

i found some people are using xinput to rotate the touchscreen function, "viewtopic.php?f=108&t=120793". i have follow the instruction to install the xinput (sudo apt-get install xinput), but when i apply the following command,

DISPLAY=:0 xinput set-prop 'HID 19e2:2533' 'Evdev Axes Swap' 1

then the system reported,

property 'Evdev Axes Swap' doesn't exist, you need to specify its type and format.

i have run out of idea to rotate the capacitive touch screen, can anyone help to give some idea to rotate the capacitive touch screen?

eugenenine

Re: Cannot Rotate the LCD display touch screen

Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Did you ever get it figured out, I am having the same issue.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:40 pm

I'm currently doing some work on the touchscreen driver due to a reported bug elsewhere. I'll try and take a look at this tomorrow.

Could you add a github issue please, with as much detail as possible, that way it gets properly tracked. https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

jamesh

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:24 am

Looks at the code, I presume you are having problems when rotating in to portrait mode? There is currently no way to swap the X/Y coordinates for that, that I can see. I'm currently deep in a rewrite of this area, so I'm not too keen on making too many changes that will cause problems with backwards compatibility later. There might be something i do in the firmware though,. I'll have a think.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

jamesh

Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:11 pm

OK, no obviously quick way of fixing this. I can swap the coords easily, but that leave the userland with the wrong scaling for X and Y because although the coordinates it receives are now the right way round, it still thinks the display is 800x600, not 600x800.

So if you really need this, and cannot wait until my refactor of the code is finished (which fixes all these problems, but not sure when it will be released), I'd modify the kernel module to swap the coordinates AND the dimensions display. It's at drivers/input/touchscreen/rpi-ft5406.c.

Return to “Official Foundation Display”