OutoftheBOTS

Sharing projects??

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:08 am

I am new to this forum so excuse me if this has been asked before what where does everyone share the projects they made with their RPi?? Do people just post it here or is this forum just for posting questions??

DougieLawson

Re: Sharing projects??

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:38 am

Share your code/projects/big things on https://github.com if you think it may be useful for someone else. Post links on here.

https://github.com/DougieLawson/ has my stuff.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

OutoftheBOTS

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:11 pm

I know that I can put the code of a project on Github and I can put videos of the project on youtube but it was more a question of where people then post these links to show case RPi projects??

DougieLawson

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:13 pm

They don't.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

buja

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:19 pm

If you go to the Board Index you will find almost 60 subforums to choose from, 8 of which are under "Projects".
You may have some difficulty in deciding which is the right one for your particular project, but unless you file a flight simulator project under Magazines and Books you should be fine.
And if you are totally wrong, a moderator will probably move your topic to a more appropriate subforum.

OutoftheBOTS

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:54 pm

Maybe this is something Raspberry Pi foundation can look at. It's current FaceBook page users can't post to the page where everyone sees it on there news feed. My kids have grown up through the Lego Mindstorms EV3 platform and now moved on to the RPi (sometimes we mix both on projects). With the Lego EV3 there is a FB page where everyone posts there projects, it is great for getting ideas as well as show casing your builds to others.

Heater

Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:12 pm

No good for me. Facebook is a walled garden I cannot get into. An open solution would be preferable. I don't see what's wrong with posting about your projects here.
Memory in C++ is a leaky abstraction .

rpdom

Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:48 am

If you've got a really interesting project you want to share, have a look at the Blog , write it up and maybe email info@raspberrypi.org to let them know.

Return to “General discussion”