Steve.Ong

[Advice needed] Documentation issues encountered during TELEC (Japan) certification process for our hardware (with Pi3)

Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:03 am

hi there - we are currently using raspberry pi 3 commercially and currently in the midst of getting the TELEC (Japan) certification. we has passed most of the technical tests, but the Japan certification body now asked us to share with them the WIFI schematic/BOM/PCB Layout. The problem is that we are using the pi3 WIFI and we dont have these documents to share with the Japan certification body.

Can I check - is there anywhere I can source these documents? If its not open-source - can Raspberry pi Foundation help furnish these documents directly to the Japan certification body we provide their certification body contact details in Japan?

Also - is pi3 now commercially available in Japan? If yes, I presume there should be some certifications done before it can be legally sold in Japan yes? (and hopefully we can use it to show the certification body)

Appreciate any advice please. Thanks.

rurwin
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: [Advice needed] Documentation issues encountered during TELEC (Japan) certification process for our hardware (with

Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:17 am

I will flag this up in the moderator's forum.

allfox

Re: [Advice needed] Documentation issues encountered during TELEC (Japan) certification process for our hardware (with

Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:34 am

I got my very first Pi B in Japan from old days. So I think they are selling Pi now either.

On Chinese market, there are Japan-made Pi, other than the UK and China-made ones.

B.Goode

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:00 am

@Steve.Ong - you don't explicitly mention having read this Raspberry Pi Foundation blog post, which looks as though it might be relevant in helping you get the correct informed advice:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbe ... programme/

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:19 am

Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

masafumi_ohta
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:16 am

Steve-san,

Sorry I am late to reply perhaps you should ask RS Japan first about that.
I will IM to you later hope to stay in touch with me.
---
Masafumi Ohta
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/japanese-raspberry-pi-users-group

Return to “General discussion”