rasp14

Pi Zero W Not Available In South East Asia?

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:23 am

Hi All,

May i know is there a plan to let element14 or RS Malaysia to sell raspberry pi zero w? Not sure why, seems like the zero series are not available in SEA. I search numerous site, but seems like no one is selling in SEA. I love to get one for my new project. Anyone can tell me how to get one in SEA?

Regards.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Pi Zero W Not Available In South East Asia?

Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:57 am

rasp14 wrote:Hi All,

May i know is there a plan to let element14 or RS Malaysia to sell raspberry pi zero w? Not sure why, seems like the zero series are not available in SEA. I search numerous site, but seems like no one is selling in SEA. I love to get one for my new project. Anyone can tell me how to get one in SEA?

Regards.
Have you asked the Official Distributors if they ship to your country ??

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/pi-zero/
Retired disgracefully.....

allfox

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Official distributor in China(element14) told me that they don't ship to individual. Their web site would ask if I am a company or not, and direct me to local third party vendor.

Luckily, local vendor is selling Pi 0 W here.

rasp14

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:33 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
rasp14 wrote:Hi All,

Regards.
Have you asked the Official Distributors if they ship to your country ??

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/pi-zero/
Pretty sure it didn't mention "Malaysia". I even checked the global distributor's web site, unfortunately they didn't ship to Malaysia. Hence the question.

rasp14

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:36 pm

allfox wrote:Official distributor in China(element14) told me that they don't ship to individual. Their web site would ask if I am a company or not, and direct me to local third party vendor.

Not in Malaysia. The element14 Malaysia web site didn't even show the product raspberry pi zero in it. Not show up in Singapore's element14 web site as well. Not sure why SEA didn't get to sell this.

PeterO

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:40 pm

rasp14 wrote:
allfox wrote:Official distributor in China(element14) told me that they don't ship to individual. Their web site would ask if I am a company or not, and direct me to local third party vendor.

Not in Malaysia. The element14 Malaysia web site didn't even show the product raspberry pi zero in it. Not show up in Singapore's element14 web site as well. Not sure why SEA didn't get to sell this.
element14 and RS don't sell the Pi Zero ANYWHERE so no need to feel singled out ! As previously you need to contact the official distributors and ask them if they ship to your country.

PeterO
Discoverer of the PI2 XENON DEATH FLASH!
Interests: C,Python,PIC,Electronics,Ham Radio (G0DZB),1960s British Computers.
"The primary requirement (as we've always seen in your examples) is that the code is readable. " Dougie Lawson

allfox

Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:39 pm

PeterO wrote:element14 and RS don't sell the Pi Zero ANYWHERE
Ah, checked element14 site again, right, there is no Pi 0.

And looks like they removed the redirection to local vendor, I could add Pi 3 to my shopping cart now, while it show up that they would delay the shipping until 2017-4-24. Maybe next time I should try buying one from them.

Return to “General discussion”