ajeselnik

Pi Store isnt responding to e-mails

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:04 am

Hi,

I purchased MPEG-2 / VC-1 license codes back in December from the rasperrypi.com and haven't received the license codes. I've sent multiple e-mails to store@raspberrypi.org / swag@raspberrypi.org and haven't received any sort of response.

Are these licenses no longer purchasable? Or is there some other e-mail address I'm supposed to use?

DougieLawson

Re: Pi Store isnt responding to e-mails

Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:23 am

It's the weekend at the end of half term week. Wait until Monday, the post again if you've not had a reply.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tinfoil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

ajeselnik

Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:28 am

I sent my first followup e-mail on the 14th, so... yeah. It's understandable if they need 72 hours to generate the codes as was specified in the original order, but some acknowledgement or communication would be nice.

GordonTGopher

Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:15 pm

I think there has been a problem with the system in the past few days; viewtopic.php?f=63&t=174626

Regards,

Gordon

DougieLawson

Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Hence my suggestion to wait until Monday when the folks who support this will be back from their winter holidays.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tinfoil hat and you'll get a ban.

ajeselnik

Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:36 am

Seems like I have little choice. It's strange to not have an auto-reply on an e-mail if people take vacation though.

DougieLawson

Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:40 pm

If you don't get a reply tomorrow send an email to one of the addresses on https://www.raspberrypi.org/contact/ or send a tweet to @Raspberry_PI

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:28 am

I've just spoken to the relevant people in the office.
The initial production of the licence keys should be totally automated, so ensure that your email address is correct when you order, and check your spam folder.

Investigation of missing keys is a manual process.
There is a slight backlog at the moment due to sickness last week, but they are on it. Responses will be sent back from the same store@ / swag@ email address as the codec licence, so again check your spam filter as if the first email got sent to spam then subsequent ones may well do so too.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

Return to “General discussion”