fossil1999

DDR2 SODIMM connector

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:44 pm

I am making a one-off IO board for the Compute Module, only that I am having trouble trying to source the DDR2 SODIMM connector cheaply.
I live in Ireland, so that needs to be factored in.

RS Compoments charges 27 euro for a single connector, so I will only use them as a last resort.
http://ie.rs-online.com/web/p/memory-si ... s/7561000/

Digi-Key has a better price, charging approx 29 euro for 4 connectors, including shipping.
http://www.digikey.ie/product-detail/en ... ND/1619811
I am leaning towards Digi-Key, but I would like to know if there is a cheaper place to source it from...
I don't really want to get it out of a scrap laptop Motherboard, since soldering the connector to my IO board will be hard enough without having to de-solder it(And risking damage to it!)...

And just to make sure, I need a DDR2 SDRAM, SODIMM, 200 pin, Right angle surface mount connector? Are there any other things like contact finishes, thickness, etc that I need to know about?

Thanks

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: DDR2 SODIMM connector

Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:52 pm

Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

fossil1999

Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Lol, Thanks. I forgot all about Ebay... That one seller does not ship to Ireland unfortunately, but I'll have a look at the other offers.

Thanks Jamesh! :mrgreen:

(Someone give me a fail slap? :P )

arm2

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:35 pm

It would be great if RS & Farnell listed all the components used to build Pi's and development kits!
I realise that would not include BCM2835, DDR ram or PCB but offering the LAN9512 etc. and all the connectors, and passives would be extremely useful.

Return to “Compute Module”