PiGraham

CM IO design files

Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:50 am

Are design files (esp. digital schematics) for the reference IO board available?
I know the schematics are published in pdf, but it would be very useful to import a file into a PCB CAD and start from there.

Briarios

Re: CM IO design files

Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:49 am

Unfortunately there isn't any cad files out there for the CMIO at this stage. Someone from the community would need to recreate the files from the schematic that the foundation has provided.
http://rpi.pmfg.me -- Test board Eagle Cad Files.

PiGraham

Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:38 am

The RPF would benefit from releasing their data for the IO. Making the CM as easy to use as possible can only help get more solutions based on it to market.

arm2

Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:56 am

PiGraham wrote:Are design files (esp. digital schematics) for the reference IO board available?
At launch that mention that they planned to release the Cadence files, I've not heard anything since and my email 10 days ago to the Foundation about the files is unanswered as yet. I know Eben has been/is now on holiday and James in the States so I'm trying to be patient.

arm2

Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:13 pm

Sorry for the gobbledygook it should have read:
"At launch, it was mentioned that they planned..."

TBH I can't find it in the blog comments section though I may missed it amongst the 500+ comments
They did say in the blog post itself:
" initially we are releasing just the schematics for both the Compute Module and IO Board, but we will be adding plenty more documentation over the coming days and weeks."

ghans

Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:10 am

For all people coming from Google :

http://www.raspberrypi.org/compute-modu ... e-designs/

ghans
• Don't like the board ? Missing features ? Change to the prosilver theme ! You can find it in your settings.
• Don't like to search the forum BEFORE posting 'cos it's useless ? Try googling : yoursearchtermshere site:raspberrypi.org

tpitman

Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:29 pm

Can someone please PM me or post the Eagle CAD versions of the Compute IO board schematic and board layout files?

arm2

Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:16 pm

Hi I've been looking at the I/O board design files in Cadence's entry level version of their software. WE hope to buy a fuller version soon.
First we're new to Cadence here and boy is it way more involved than what we're used to. Very unintuitive to us:-(

AIUI The one thing that Cadence does in a big way is DRC (Design Rule Checking) it calls it: SI Design Audit.

I had therefore hoped that the Cadence I/O board design files would have all the rules set up for us, but either I've misunderstood how Cadence works, many rules are not set up correctly or rules are not being followed or ?. Can someone from the Foundation clarify this please.

e.g. A full Audit of 'InterConnect' lists over 20 'Unresolveds' the first being:
Unexpected large cline width of 0.25mm in Xnet N1202592
The last being:
Xnet N1329395 contains a stub

Return to “Compute Module”