shahrukhalam1011

Setting up compute 3

Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:26 pm

I am having this issue with setting up compute module 3 (not the lite version). I am using the io board plus and windows 10. I did check into other forums about similar issues about setting up the compute module with no luck.

So here is the thing. I put the module into the slot of the io board plus. Set the jumper to the EN position, connected to the pc using the micro usb slave connector. Connected the micro usb power supply to the pc as well. Only the red light in the board pops up and nothing happens. I mean, nothing shows up in my laptop. Nothing shows up in the device manager as well. I tried changing my usb cables with no luck. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

W. H. Heydt

Re: Setting up compute 3

Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Did you find and follow the directions here.... https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentati ... lashing.md ?

shahrukhalam1011

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:28 pm

Yes, I followed the instructions from the link you mentioned. However, in step 3 when I apply power to the CMIO board, windows DOES NOT detect the hardware. Only step 1,2 and 4 has been successful. Please help me on this one. I am using the module for a project. Thanks

W. H. Heydt

Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:42 pm

shahrukhalam1011 wrote:
Yes, I followed the instructions from the link you mentioned. However, in step 3 when I apply power to the CMIO board, windows DOES NOT detect the hardware. Only step 1,2 and 4 has been successful. Please help me on this one. I am using the module for a project. Thanks
Some years ago (it was a CM1), when I ran into that sort of problem, I switched to doing the eMMC load from a Pi and it worked without any issues. Have you tried flashing the CM3 from a Linux system?

picandies

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:34 am

That link takes you to about the worst installation guide ever written. It jumps all over the place.

For those who just want to enable the Compute Module eMMC as a mass storage device under Windows...as opposed to what? What is being said here?

rather than trying to use /dev/sda etc. from Cygwin....who was trying? Do the instructions specify to try it?

DirkS

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:00 am

picandies wrote:
That link takes you to about the worst installation guide ever written. It jumps all over the place.
Well, the great thing is that you can make improvements to the RPF docs yourself
Follow the link to github at the bottom of the page and open an issue (or even better: submit a pull request).
https://github.com/raspberrypi/document ... lashing.md

shahrukhalam1011

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:45 am

W. H. Heydt wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:42 pm
shahrukhalam1011 wrote:
Some years ago (it was a CM1), when I ran into that sort of problem, I switched to doing the eMMC load from a Pi and it worked without any issues. Have you tried flashing the CM3 from a Linux system?
I haven't used linux system. I will try and get back to you.

shahrukhalam1011

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:47 am

picandies wrote:

For those who just want to enable the Compute Module eMMC as a mass storage device under Windows...as opposed to what? What is being said here?

rather than trying to use /dev/sda etc. from Cygwin....who was trying? Do the instructions specify to try it?
Yeah, the instructions are kinda confusing. I did not find any proper setup guideline for this module. Really frustrating.

Return to “Compute Module”