Project XXX

Official DSI Display How?

Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:40 pm

Hi.

Am a bit new in all this Compute Module thing, so my question is, how to get the official DSI Display to work on the Compute module? Right now I'm running Raspbian Wheezy Nightbuild 20151001. Have seen that Jessie is now official on RPI, but how about am image for the Compute module, is seems to be all to big in file size. Is there a strip down image of it, and still with the GUI on, but whit out libreoffice and all the other stuff. Or is there some kind person who can make an image for me?

fruitoftheloom

Re: Official DSI Display How?

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:19 pm

Project XXX wrote:Hi.

Am a bit new in all this Compute Module thing, so my question is, how to get the official DSI Display to work on the Compute module? Right now I'm running Raspbian Wheezy Nightbuild 20151001. Have seen that Jessie is now official on RPI, but how about am image for the Compute module, is seems to be all to big in file size. Is there a strip down image of it, and still with the GUI on, but whit out libreoffice and all the other stuff. Or is there some kind person who can make an image for me?
In the Comments of the RPF Jessie Blog Post it was stated that a CLi only version of Jessie would be forthcoming:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspbi ... ie-is-here
Retired disgracefully.....

Project XXX

Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:01 pm

Thanks, how about getting it work on Wheezy? Have connected the DSI from display to DISP0 and power it from external power supply, but nothing shows up on the display.
Don't have internet to is so can do the Update, so is there somewhere to find an image where the display will work out of the box for the compute module?

Jojo84

Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Hi together,

I have a similar problem. I have installed Raspbian by NOOBS v1.3.12 (the actual version did not fit to the eMMC).

After installation I ran "update" and "upgrade" as described in the official DSI display tutorial but the display is still black. I only have video output over HDMI :( .

Help will be very appeciated!

Greetings,
Jojo

6by9
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:20 pm

Jojo84 wrote:Hi together,

I have a similar problem. I have installed Raspbian by NOOBS v1.3.12 (the actual version did not fit to the eMMC).

After installation I ran "update" and "upgrade" as described in the official DSI display tutorial but the display is still black. I only have video output over HDMI :( .

Help will be very appeciated!

Greetings,
Jojo
You're on a Compute Module which is designed to be as flexible as possible, hence there is no default definition for the display, same as there is no default definition for the camera.
Already covered though and the correct options found - viewtopic.php?f=98&t=123896 Documentation is being updated.
Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi Trading. Views expressed are still personal views.
I'm not interested in doing contracts for bespoke functionality - please don't ask.

Jojo84

Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:19 am

You're on a Compute Module which is designed to be as flexible as possible, hence there is no default definition for the display, same as there is no default definition for the camera.
Already covered though and the correct options found - view ... 8&t=123896 Documentation is being updated.
Thank you for your fast reply and for the very informative link! I am sorry, that I have not found it earlier by myself :( . I was just hijacking the first topic about the CM and the display, that I have found in the CM section. Next time I try to search more carefully :oops: . If further uestions occur, I will post the in the oter thread.

Thank you again!

Return to “Compute Module”