xxxyyyzzz

Wolfram language is missing in raspbian buster repositories

Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi
I have installed Raspbian buster on RPI3B+ and found out that 'wolfram-engine' and 'wolframscript' is missing in Raspbian buster repositorie
Wolfram / Mathematica is very usefull so i hope very much that Wolfram will be available soon in repositorie
Will Wolfram be available in future ?
Sory about bad English
Best regards

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Wolfram language is missing in raspbian buster repositories

Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:24 pm

We are waiting for Wolfram to fix Mathmatica to work on Buster, when that is done it will be made available in the repos.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

fruitoftheloom

Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:35 pm

xxxyyyzzz wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:12 pm
Hi
I have installed Raspbian buster on RPI3B+ and found out that 'wolfram-engine' and 'wolframscript' is missing in Raspbian buster repositorie
Wolfram / Mathematica is very usefull so i hope very much that Wolfram will be available soon in repositorie
Will Wolfram be available in future ?
Sory about bad English
Best regards

One program which is currently missing from Buster is Mathematica. Don’t worry – this is only a temporary removal! Wolfram are working on getting Mathematica to work properly with Buster, and as soon as it is ready, it’ll be available for installation from Recommended Software.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/buster ... -raspbian/
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

tyche101

Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Hi,

Version 12 of Mathematica and the Wolfram Language for the New Raspberry Pi 4 has been released!

https://company.wolfram.com/announcemen ... erry-pi-4/

yangmusa

Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:17 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
One program which is currently missing from Buster is Mathematica. Don’t worry – this is only a temporary removal! Wolfram are working on getting Mathematica to work properly with Buster, and as soon as it is ready, it’ll be available for installation from Recommended Software.
What exactly is not working under Buster? I upgraded my Pi from Jessie to Buster, and so I already had Mathematica installed. However, when I try to run statements that require Mathematica to query the Wolfram databases, I get "query timed out" (as of yesterday, August 13).

Here's a screenshot of the error I get:

fruitoftheloom

Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:05 am

yangmusa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:17 am
fruitoftheloom wrote:
What exactly is not working under Buster? I upgraded my Pi from Jessie to Buster, and so I already had Mathematica installed. However, when I try to run statements that require Mathematica to query the Wolfram databases, I get "query timed out" (as of yesterday, August 13).

Here's a screenshot of the error I get:

Upgrading from one Raspbian Release to another has never been recommended, though if you want to attempt you should of gone :

Jessie - Stretch - Buster
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

yangmusa

Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:00 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Upgrading from one Raspbian Release to another has never been recommended, though if you want to attempt you should of gone :

I just misremembered the name of the last release, I've always kept my Pi up to date.

You're right, despite providing an upgrade path they do recommend starting afresh each time. That said, your response isn't particularly useful.

Does Mathematica now work without any issues on Buster? Since absolutely everything else works flawlessly (as far as I can tell) is there any way to fix this issue?

fruitoftheloom

Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:41 pm

yangmusa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:00 pm
fruitoftheloom wrote:

I just misremembered the name of the last release, I've always kept my Pi up to date.

You're right, despite providing an upgrade path they do recommend starting afresh each time. That said, your response isn't particularly useful.

Does Mathematica now work without any issues on Buster? Since absolutely everything else works flawlessly (as far as I can tell) is there any way to fix this issue?

Completely remove all Wolfram / Mathematica packages then re-install ?

Though this suggestion is likely not helpful as it is FREE advice....
adieu

Return to “Wolfram Language”