sbcomponents

Available now! Version 2 Pi case by SB Components

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi

Version 2 of the Raspberry Pi Case by SB Components is now available.

Along with improved access to RCA video connector and GPIO it now comes in a range of new (and extremely lovely) colours.

You can view the new range at http://www.sbcshop.co.uk

The version 1 Pi case has received a fantastic reception. Check out these Ebay and Amazon reviews:

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... ckAsSeller

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Raspberry-PI-Bo ... 426&sr=8-1

Trixster

Re: Available now! Version 2 Pi case by SB Components

Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:18 pm

Had I not already got 3 pibows for my Pis I'd probably buy one of these, they look excellent!

sbcomponents

Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:14 pm

Hi

Thanks for the feedback.

Mentioning the PiBow (a very nice and colourful case) makes me wonder if I have set the price of our cases too low. Some of the queries I get are along the lines of "will this case do or would I be better with a more expensive one?"

My stock response is: "The case is inexpensive but not low-quality." which is demonstrated by the brilliant feedback it gets.

Anyway, maybe selling for around £3 - £4 gives the wrong impression. Well you live and learn!

canibalimao

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:19 pm

sbcomponents wrote:Anyway, maybe selling for around £3 - £4 gives the wrong impression. Well you live and learn!
You're so right on this subject! Everytime we see a cheap product you think that the quality is "cheap" too, but that's not the case here. Your cases are really cheap and very good.
The only problem I see with the 1st version is the missing of a easy way to connect a ribbon cable. We have access to the GPIO but it's not possible to connect a ribbon cable (I tried it yesterday and the cable don't fit on the case's hole). Even that "fault" with the analog connector isn't really a problem, because I can use it with no problem :D
But that is fixed in the new version, so I think we can call this case a perfect case! You can find more cheap cases like this one but the RPi don't fit so well, and you can even find prettier cases, but they're all expensive (like Pibow).

If you want to proteck your RPi and keep the low price, buy one of these! :mrgreen:

sbcomponents

Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:31 pm

Hi canibalimao

Thanks for the support! :D

krade

Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:55 pm

The question I have is are all the ports adequately assessible? I read a review where the microusb only exposes the plug itself, which means it may be diffcult to power it properly and have the plug stay seated in postion. Usually the hole is wider so the surround around the plug also goes through the hole in the case for a sure fit. Also, is there a way to cover the larger opening on the top if you are not using that plug or would it be left exposed?

Thanks for the info!

sbcomponents

Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Hi Krade

Was the review that mentioned access to the mini USB port about the SB Components Raspberry Pi Case? If so can you send me a link?

All ports (apart from the audio) have a slight offset from the case allowing for a certain degree of flexibility regarding the various flavours of cable available.

The only critical feedback I have received was about the version 1 case which had an issue with the RCA video and (slightly) restricted access to the GPIO port.

This has been solved with the version 2 that is out now.

Regarding blocking the now larger GPIO hole, an option would be to simply plug in a connector without the ribbon cable (a trick I read on the sparkfun website).

Hope this helps.

Return to “For sale”