Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Re: Raspberry Pi 4B in USA

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:08 am

rpdom wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:39 am
jamesh wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:33 am
We are making product as fast as we can, and trying to ramp even furthur. The fact is that people are buying it faster than we can make it!
Awesome. Do you have any figures to hand on how many of each Pi4B model have been made/sold so far? Just out of curiosity.
I don't but there will be a blog post in the near future which should cover this and a load of other launch and production stuff, just to keep people informed.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

FrankGould

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 pm

Obviously this forum is nothing but a vent for frustrated RPi customers dealing with amateur support. This is not the first time this lack of supply has happened with a previous RPi release and apparently no one learned from that time how to run a technology business. The recommended list of suppliers is wrong and still shows 6 that are now out of product but no notification from RPF as to product availability and even the suppliers have no idea when they'll receive product.

As for the reference to Cabbage Patch Kids, that example has little to no relationship with this RPi business problem, but there doesn't appear to have business intelligence professionals at RPF and/or whatever other entities are engaged in delivering product.

@jamesh, where are the public relations people and why aren't they publishing what is going on? Please spare me your canned responses and get someone who knows what is happening with the supply chain. Thanks.

RaTTuS

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:34 pm

actually I'll edit that
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

jamesh

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:00 pm

FrankGould wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:27 pm
Obviously this forum is nothing but a vent for frustrated RPi customers dealing with amateur support. This is not the first time this lack of supply has happened with a previous RPi release and apparently no one learned from that time how to run a technology business. The recommended list of suppliers is wrong and still shows 6 that are now out of product but no notification from RPF as to product availability and even the suppliers have no idea when they'll receive product.

As for the reference to Cabbage Patch Kids, that example has little to no relationship with this RPi business problem, but there doesn't appear to have business intelligence professionals at RPF and/or whatever other entities are engaged in delivering product.

@jamesh, where are the public relations people and why aren't they publishing what is going on? Please spare me your canned responses and get someone who knows what is happening with the supply chain. Thanks.
Hahahahahahahahaha.

Reseller. Someone who resells. Sometimes they are out of stock of some items, doesn't mean they are not a reseller. It just means that don't currently have stock.

As for not knowing how to run a technology business, well, we are now the biggest seller of computing devices (Behind the PC and the Mac), bearing in mind we sell orders of magnitude more product that any other SBC supplier, currently 27 MILLION devices, bearing in mind we do this with a team of some 45 people, (including engineers, comms team, business relations etc). So, really? You don't think we know how to run tech company? One that is so popular we cannot make devices fast enough to satisfy demand?

Lack of supply has happened for EVERY SINGLE PI LAUNCH! And every time we get the same whiny posts from people who are so impatient they cannot be bothered to wait a couple of weeks or so. There are limits to how much product you can make up front - it requires money and storage space, and also relies on a problem free production ramp up. Which never happens. Look at Tesla's model 3. We made a lot up front, less than we wanted, but lots. I'm not going to say how many.

As for reporting what is going on? Why? What information do YOU want that will make the supply any faster? You can be sure we are trying to increase supply, because having customers who cannot get hold of product is not optimal for profits. That said, as I posted above, there will be a blog post on how the launch has gone, what we ARE doing to increase supply etc. Hopefully this week.

And since you have felt the need to start insulting the very hardworking people here, you are now banned. I will not tolerate this sort of grandstanding nonsense and abuse.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

Return to “For sale”