huseyin_elektek

Compile Kernel Module for TouchScreen

Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:07 am

Hi,

I have a touchpanel that I would like to use with Raspberry, I got the drivers from the company who sold me the touchpanel.
The driver of the touch panel is IC_FT5316 and I have FT5X06 linux drivers (which work for FT5316 too).

Here is the link of the driver. I would like to compile ko module to use my touchscreen but I do not how to do it.
http://elektek.net/file/FT5X06.zip

Thanks for your help.

huseyin_elektek

Re: Compile Kernel Module for TouchScreen

Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:41 pm

Hi,

I saw that there was the file edt_ft5x06.c in drivers/input/touchscreen folder. It might be the driver of the touchpanel I have. Does it mean that it will work without compiling module or do I have to compile it anyway ? Thanks.

huseyin_elektek

Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:18 am

Hi again,

I would like to use the EDT_FT5X06 driver which is in touchscreen folder. Can you explain me how to configure it ?

I saw in the config.gz file that CONFIG_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN is not set, what do I have to do to set it ?

Thanks.

rpdom

Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:38 am

You need to build yourself a customised kernel with that driver installed.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio ... uilding.md
http://www.raspberrypi.org/documentatio ... iguring.md

huseyin_elektek

Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:25 am

Thanks

I'm building the kernel, it is very slow on a sd card but if it works I can wait :)

canibalimao

Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Did you make it work? I'm also waiting for a display with that driver and need to know if I can make it work...

huseyin_elektek

Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:33 am

canibalimao wrote:Did you make it work? I'm also waiting for a display with that driver and need to know if I can make it work...
It did not work with the native driver. I got a driver from the company which sold me the touchscreen, but I did not manage to make it work, it works with evtest, but not in GUI, the touchscreen is seen as a keyboard and not as a pointer so I do not know what to do...

canibalimao

Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:15 am

huseyin_elektek wrote:It did not work with the native driver. I got a driver from the company which sold me the touchscreen, but I did not manage to make it work, it works with evtest, but not in GUI, the touchscreen is seen as a keyboard and not as a pointer so I do not know what to do...
But did you manage to incorporate the driver on new kernel, or you just compile the driver and didn't put it on the kernel?

huseyin_elektek

Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:40 pm

canibalimao wrote:
huseyin_elektek wrote:It did not work with the native driver. I got a driver from the company which sold me the touchscreen, but I did not manage to make it work, it works with evtest, but not in GUI, the touchscreen is seen as a keyboard and not as a pointer so I do not know what to do...
But did you manage to incorporate the driver on new kernel, or you just compile the driver and didn't put it on the kernel?
Yes the driver is on new kernel, but I had to adapt it to make it work because some includes were not in current raspbian version. the module is correctly loaded at startup, it is just that it does not work like I want.

canibalimao

Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:47 pm

Oh, so I see myself in a big trouble now... The capacitive touch pannel is on his way to my house and I won't be able to make it work :(

cybergogo

Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:57 pm

Hi everybody,
I'm in the same situation, got a touchscreen LCD with a ft5316 touch panel controller and a linux driver which doesn't work. Have you found a way to solve this issue?
Thank you.

Return to “Beginners”