RDK

Starting from ZERO

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:19 pm

Folks.....I have read recently, with interest, several post (other forums) where they were talking about the Raspberry PI. I finally broke down and looked up the Raspberry Pi website, just as they were announcing the new B+ model.

I am computer savvy with years of experience with Windows, some FreeBSD, lots of ASP, JavaScript & JScript for website development, and, now dating myself, Fortran and Cobol.

OK, I'm more than intrigued with this device and want to get started. Questions:

1. will it work with either wireless mouse or wireless keyboard?
2. Is anyone (UK or European sites) selling a B+ kit which will have the basics for my experimenting: board, case, cables power supply, etc. I have found them for the previous models but not for the B+.
3. Are there any good reference books out there to help bootstrap me and give me some project ideas?

Thanks for you time....RDK

fruitoftheloom

Re: Starting from ZERO

Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:25 pm

RDK wrote:Folks.....I have read recently, with interest, several post (other forums) where they were talking about the Raspberry PI. I finally broke down and looked up the Raspberry Pi website, just as they were announcing the new B+ model.

I am computer savvy with years of experience with Windows, some FreeBSD, lots of ASP, JavaScript & JScript for website development, and, now dating myself, Fortran and Cobol.

OK, I'm more than intrigued with this device and want to get started. Questions:

1. will it work with either wireless mouse or wireless keyboard?
2. Is anyone (UK or European sites) selling a B+ kit which will have the basics for my experimenting: board, case, cables power supply, etc. I have found them for the previous models but not for the B+.
3. Are there any good reference books out there to help bootstrap me and give me some project ideas?

Thanks for you time....RDK
1) Yes

2) & 3) http://swag.raspberrypi.org

3) http://www.themagpi.com
Retired disgracefully.....

rfrazier

Re: Starting from ZERO

Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:50 pm

For docs, see also replies here:

www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=84422

Sincerely,

Ron
(PS - If you email me and don't get a quick response, you might want to send again after a couple of weeks. I don't always see new email messages quickly.)
Ron's Tech Rant Blog: techstarship.com - Blog RSS: techstarship.com/feed/
Ron Frazier

Return to “Beginners”