szymon1051
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:10 pm

HUB USB 3.0 don't work, how fix?

Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:31 pm

HUB USB 3.0 don't work, how fix?
I have praspberr pi b and use raspbian.
Hub ORICO A3H10.

sdjf
Posts: 1395
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:20 am
Location: California
Contact: Website

Re: HUB USB 3.0 don't work, how fix?

Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:12 pm

Do you also have a USB 2.0 hub in the house? I have read posts in the forum where people plugged the 2.0 Hubs into their pi and then plugged their 3.0 hubs or devices into the 2.0 hubs and they they worked. At least I think that is what I read. ;o) Would not hurt to try it.

Another thing that might be your problem is if the Hub is drawing too much power from the Pi, is it a powered hub? You really need one if you want to connect much to the Pi over Usb.
FORUM TIP: To view someone's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then on "Search User's Posts." || Running ArchLinuxArm on Model 2B and 512MB Model B

szymon1051
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: HUB USB 3.0 don't work, how fix?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:24 am

sdjf wrote: Another thing that might be your problem is if the Hub is drawing too much power from the Pi, is it a powered hub? You really need one if you want to connect much to the Pi over Usb.
Hub have own power.
sdjf wrote:Do you also have a USB 2.0 hub in the house? I have read posts in the forum where people plugged the 2.0 Hubs into their pi and then plugged their 3.0 hubs or devices into the 2.0 hubs and they they worked. At least I think that is what I read. ;o) Would not hurt to try it.
I try add hub 3.0 (with own power) to hub 2.0 (with own power) and to pi, but still don't work.

User avatar
Jessie
Posts: 1754
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:40 pm
Location: C/S CO USA

Re: HUB USB 3.0 don't work, how fix?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:18 pm

Have you tried the hub on a PC to make sure it works?

szymon1051
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Re: HUB USB 3.0 don't work, how fix?

Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:17 pm

Jessie wrote:Have you tried the hub on a PC to make sure it works?
Yes.

vallieres
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Re: HUB USB 3.0 don't work, how fix?

Mon May 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Have you guys managed to make it work? I also have a USB 3.0 hub, the Orico H10-U3 and I can't get it to work with my Raspberry Pi... :(

jdb
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Posts: 2032
Joined: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:37 pm

Re: HUB USB 3.0 don't work, how fix?

Mon May 05, 2014 5:32 pm

Rockets are loud.
https://astro-pi.org

vallieres
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 1:51 pm

Re: HUB USB 3.0 don't work, how fix?

Tue May 06, 2014 5:04 pm

Actually, with the dwc_otg.speed=1 change in cmdline.txt it works :)

Return to “Beginners”