phennigor

USA keyboard setup, @ vs"

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:01 am

Hello, i am new to rPI and trying to set it up. I am from the U.S.A and using a american keyboard. The keyboard has 104 keys. I have tried a few different configurations and I always get the same issue. On my keyboard, the "2" has a shift character of "@" and the single quote (or ' ) has a shift character of double quote (or "). However, when I hit SHIFT + 2 i get double quote from the keyboard and when I hit SHIFT + ' i get @. These two keys have a reversed shift character according to my keyboard. Also, when I hit shift CARAT, I do not get the Tilda character.

What is the keyboard configuration for the U.S.A.? I have tried about 8 different configs and cannot get the issue resolved. thank you in advance.

rpdom

Re: USA keyboard setup, @ vs"

Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:57 am

Use raspi-config (sudo raspi-config) and look at the options for setting keyboard, location and timezone. There is a setting for US in there somewhere.

sputnik99

Re: USA keyboard setup, @ vs"

Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:07 am

The 89 key gearhead keyboard is not configured to work with the pi, and there is no setting within the config command that allows it to work. Why Element sells the keyboard as a package with the pi is a mystery.

Return to “Beginners”