HizMama

Trying to Use Raspberry Pi not working

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Hi all,

I just got my Raspberry Pi and i have a keyboard connected, an SD connected with wheezy linux on it, an hdmi to a monitor connected, and power by USB connected. However, nothing is showing up on the monitor. Can someone please give tips or advice on what I should do to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance! :D

redhawk

Re: Trying to Use Raspberry Pi not working

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:49 pm

Is your OK/ACT light blinking when it's powered up??

If no then either your power supply isn't good enough or the SD card hasn't been flashed correctly.

Richard S.

HizMama

Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Well, the ACT light is blinking green, and the PWR light is constant red. Where is the OK you were talking about?

redhawk

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:01 pm

The OK was the label used the rev1 Pi's it's been renamed or ACT it basically shows you read / write activity of the SD Card.
If you have no HDMI picture then the Pi is probably defaulting to composite video output this happens if HDMI detection fails i.e. when the monitor is switched off or the PI's HDMI port not in use during bootup time.

Richard S.

HizMama

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I just figured out the issue, i was generating power from my laptop rather than a wall outlet. My display is working fine now. In the Raspi-config interface, is there anything you recommend me to change? :D

Jim JKla

Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Noob is not derogatory the noob is just the lower end of the noob--geek spectrum being a noob is just your first step towards being an uber-geek ;)

If you find a solution please post it in the wiki the forum dies too quick

Return to “Beginners”