alanredbull
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm

How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:33 pm

I have a RP3 running Raspbian and RaspberryPi-B1 hat module via https://eccel.co.uk/product/raspberrypi-b1/

They provide Linux Tool, but I am so beginner about using Makefile. So the problem is, can I use Rasbian with their linux tool through the terminal? If yes, how should I do it? I have research on how to install makefile, install the cmake and try the sudo make install command, but with no sucess. Someone can guide me a bit more. That will be very helpful for a newbie here.

This is makefile blow, and I am not sure how to proceed with it. Any help is appreciated.

Code: Select all

CC=$(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
CFLAGS=-I. -I./RFIDB1Library -ggdb -O0

LIBRFIDB1_DIR=./RFIDB1Library

rfidb1-tool: main.o gpio.o $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/librfidb1.a
    $(CC) -o rfidb1-tool main.o gpio.o $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/librfidb1.a $(CFLAGS)

$(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/librfidb1.a:
    make -C $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)

clean:
    make -C $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/ clean
    rm -f main.o gpio.o aes.o rfidb1-tool

install:
    cp rfidb1-tool /usr/bin

prepare:
    mkdir RFIDB1Library
    cp ../../../../../Platform/Interface/GPIO/trunk/gpio.h ./
    cp ../../../../../Platform/Implementation/RaspberryPi-Linux/GPIO/trunk/gpio.c ./
Last edited by alanredbull on Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
B.Goode
Posts: 8987
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:44 pm

alanredbull wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:33 pm
I have a RP3 running Rasbian and RaspberryPi-B1 hat module via https://eccel.co.uk/product/raspberrypi-b1/

They provide Linux Tool, but I am so beginner about using Makefile. So the problem is, can I use Rasbian with their linux tool through the terminal? If yes, how should I do it? I have research on how to install makefile, install the cmake and try the sudo make install command, but with no sucess. Someone can guide me a bit more. That will be very helpful for a newbie here.

This is makefile blow, and I am not sure how to proceed with it. Any help is appreciated.

Code: Select all

CC=$(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
CFLAGS=-I. -I./RFIDB1Library -ggdb -O0

LIBRFIDB1_DIR=./RFIDB1Library

rfidb1-tool: main.o gpio.o $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/librfidb1.a
    $(CC) -o rfidb1-tool main.o gpio.o $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/librfidb1.a $(CFLAGS)

$(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/librfidb1.a:
    make -C $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)

clean:
    make -C $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/ clean
    rm -f main.o gpio.o aes.o rfidb1-tool

install:
    cp rfidb1-tool /usr/bin

prepare:
    mkdir RFIDB1Library
    cp ../../../../../Platform/Interface/GPIO/trunk/gpio.h ./
    cp ../../../../../Platform/Implementation/RaspberryPi-Linux/GPIO/trunk/gpio.c ./




Q: "How to install makefile on Rasbian?"



You don't 'install' a Makefile on Raspbian, or on any other Operating System.


It is a set of directives for the make utility, to instruct that utility how to build your application from its source code.

Usually you would simply enter

Code: Select all

make
at the shell (command line) prompt in the directory containing the Makefile.

If that option doesn't work out it is probably best to approach the developer/maintainer/distributor of the code for detailed information. They may already have provided this either on their website or in a file named INSTALL or README.

DirkS
Posts: 10017
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Essex, UK

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:02 pm

As @BGoode says...

Looking at the makefile you would probably have to run

Code: Select all

make
sudo make install
in the directory with the Makefile
assuming you have all the other necessary bits downloaded and/or installed.

alanredbull
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:10 pm

B.Goode wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:44 pm
alanredbull wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:33 pm
I have a RP3 running Rasbian and RaspberryPi-B1 hat module via https://eccel.co.uk/product/raspberrypi-b1/

They provide Linux Tool, but I am so beginner about using Makefile. So the problem is, can I use Rasbian with their linux tool through the terminal? If yes, how should I do it? I have research on how to install makefile, install the cmake and try the sudo make install command, but with no sucess. Someone can guide me a bit more. That will be very helpful for a newbie here.

This is makefile blow, and I am not sure how to proceed with it. Any help is appreciated.

Code: Select all

CC=$(CROSS_COMPILE)gcc
CFLAGS=-I. -I./RFIDB1Library -ggdb -O0

LIBRFIDB1_DIR=./RFIDB1Library

rfidb1-tool: main.o gpio.o $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/librfidb1.a
    $(CC) -o rfidb1-tool main.o gpio.o $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/librfidb1.a $(CFLAGS)

$(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/librfidb1.a:
    make -C $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)

clean:
    make -C $(LIBRFIDB1_DIR)/ clean
    rm -f main.o gpio.o aes.o rfidb1-tool

install:
    cp rfidb1-tool /usr/bin

prepare:
    mkdir RFIDB1Library
    cp ../../../../../Platform/Interface/GPIO/trunk/gpio.h ./
    cp ../../../../../Platform/Implementation/RaspberryPi-Linux/GPIO/trunk/gpio.c ./




Q: "How to install makefile on Rasbian?"



You don't 'install' a Makefile on Raspbian, or on any other Operating System.


It is a set of directives for the make utility, to instruct that utility how to build your application from its source code.

Usually you would simply enter

Code: Select all

make
at the shell (command line) prompt in the directory containing the Makefile.

If that option doesn't work out it is probably best to approach the developer/maintainer/distributor of the code for detailed information. They may already have provided this either on their website or in a file named INSTALL or README.

Hi BGoode,

Thanks for answering, and correction. I have tried to look for a README file, but there is no such file from them. That is why I am so confused now. So I am hoping someone might have same issue, or already solve my confusion. Or maybe someone has more experience with this thing, can guide me by looking at makefile that they provide.
Anyway thank you for responding >D

User avatar
B.Goode
Posts: 8987
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:14 pm

What happens if you just try what @DirkS and I have suggested?

alanredbull
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:22 pm

B.Goode wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:14 pm
What happens if you just try what @DirkS and I have suggested?
it says that no such “no such file or directory”

I have tired "cd" into that folder and "sudo make install" or "make", but it says “no such file or directory”.

I am wonder if i need to do some editing in the makefile ?

Code: Select all

prepare:
	mkdir RFIDB1Library
	cp ../../../../../Platform/Interface/GPIO/trunk/gpio.h ./
	cp ../../../../../Platform/Implementation/RaspberryPi-Linux/GPIO/trunk/gpio.c ./
it that correct? for my raspbian OS?

User avatar
B.Goode
Posts: 8987
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:37 pm

What is the exact (case-sensitive) name of the file whose content you have posted?

If you use

Code: Select all

ls  # <- that is 'ell' 'ess'
at the shell prompt in the relevant directory what do you find.

It is unlikely that you need adminstrative privileges simply to build the code in your own filestore.


Failing all else -
https://eccel.co.uk/contact/

Not trying to sound unhelpful, but this looks like a commercial product you have bought, and the supplier should be able to support it.

User avatar
B.Goode
Posts: 8987
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Taking far more interest in this than is healthy, I have tried the download and make process. It fails, but not in the way you describe:

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel $ wget https://eccel.co.uk/wp-content/downloads/rfidb1-tool.zip
--2019-11-20 17:53:24--  https://eccel.co.uk/wp-content/downloads/rfidb1-tool.zip
Resolving eccel.co.uk (eccel.co.uk)... 217.160.0.220, 2001:8d8:100f:f000::229
Connecting to eccel.co.uk (eccel.co.uk)|217.160.0.220|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 30892 (30K) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘rfidb1-tool.zip’

rfidb1-tool.zip     100%[===================>]  30.17K  --.-KB/s    in 0.04s

2019-11-20 17:53:25 (693 KB/s) - ‘rfidb1-tool.zip’ saved [30892/30892]

pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel $ unzip rfidb1-tool.zip
Archive:  rfidb1-tool.zip
   creating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/gpio.c
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/gpio.h
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/main.c
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/Makefile
   creating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/ccittcrc.h
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/Makefile
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/RFIDB1ClientInterface.c
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/RFIDB1ClientInterface.h
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/RFIDB1ClientProtocol.c
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/RFIDB1ClientProtocol.h
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel $ cd rfidb1-tool_v1.1/
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $ ls
gpio.c  gpio.h  main.c  Makefile  RFIDB1Library
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $ make
gcc -I. -I./RFIDB1Library -ggdb -O0   -c -o main.o main.c
gcc -I. -I./RFIDB1Library -ggdb -O0   -c -o gpio.o gpio.c
make -C ./RFIDB1Library
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library'
gcc -I.   -c -o RFIDB1ClientInterface.o RFIDB1ClientInterface.c
gcc -I.   -c -o RFIDB1ClientProtocol.o RFIDB1ClientProtocol.c
RFIDB1ClientProtocol.c:17:10: fatal error: mcrypt.h: No such file or directory
 #include <mcrypt.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [<builtin>: RFIDB1ClientProtocol.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library'
make: *** [Makefile:10: RFIDB1Library/librfidb1.a] Error 2
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $

User avatar
B.Goode
Posts: 8987
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:03 pm
Location: UK

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:06 pm

So install that missing dependency, and all is well...

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $ sudo apt install libmcrypt-dev -y
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libmcrypt4
Suggested packages:
  mcrypt
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libmcrypt-dev libmcrypt4
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 60 not upgraded.
Need to get 152 kB of archives.
After this operation, 485 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libmcrypt4 armhf 2.5.8-3.4 [64.2 kB]
Get:2 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libmcrypt-dev armhf 2.5.8-3.4 [87.4 kB]
Fetched 152 kB in 1s (175 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package libmcrypt4.
(Reading database ... 93867 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libmcrypt4_2.5.8-3.4_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libmcrypt4 (2.5.8-3.4) ...
Selecting previously unselected package libmcrypt-dev.
Preparing to unpack .../libmcrypt-dev_2.5.8-3.4_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libmcrypt-dev (2.5.8-3.4) ...
Setting up libmcrypt4 (2.5.8-3.4) ...
Setting up libmcrypt-dev (2.5.8-3.4) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $ make
make -C ./RFIDB1Library
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library'
gcc -I.   -c -o RFIDB1ClientProtocol.o RFIDB1ClientProtocol.c
ar rcs librfidb1.a RFIDB1ClientInterface.o RFIDB1ClientProtocol.o
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library'
gcc -o rfidb1-tool main.o gpio.o ./RFIDB1Library/librfidb1.a -I. -I./RFIDB1Library -ggdb -O0
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $

So the build process completes, and there is an executable rfidb1-tool, not shippped with the source, newly created -

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $ ls -al
total 348
drwxr-xr-x 3 pi pi   4096 Nov 20 18:02 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 pi pi   4096 Nov 20 17:53 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi   4563 Mar 26  2019 gpio.c
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi    573 Mar 26  2019 gpio.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi   7548 Nov 20 17:54 gpio.o
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi  87993 Mar 26  2019 main.c
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 106516 Nov 20 17:54 main.o
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi    570 Nov 24  2017 Makefile
drwxr-xr-x 2 pi pi   4096 Nov 20 18:02 RFIDB1Library
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 115212 Nov 20 18:02 rfidb1-tool
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $

alanredbull
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:07 pm

B.Goode wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:57 pm
Taking far more interest in this than is healthy, I have tried the download and make process. It fails, but not in the way you describe:

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel $ wget https://eccel.co.uk/wp-content/downloads/rfidb1-tool.zip
--2019-11-20 17:53:24--  https://eccel.co.uk/wp-content/downloads/rfidb1-tool.zip
Resolving eccel.co.uk (eccel.co.uk)... 217.160.0.220, 2001:8d8:100f:f000::229
Connecting to eccel.co.uk (eccel.co.uk)|217.160.0.220|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 30892 (30K) [application/zip]
Saving to: ‘rfidb1-tool.zip’

rfidb1-tool.zip     100%[===================>]  30.17K  --.-KB/s    in 0.04s

2019-11-20 17:53:25 (693 KB/s) - ‘rfidb1-tool.zip’ saved [30892/30892]

pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel $ unzip rfidb1-tool.zip
Archive:  rfidb1-tool.zip
   creating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/gpio.c
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/gpio.h
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/main.c
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/Makefile
   creating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/ccittcrc.h
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/Makefile
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/RFIDB1ClientInterface.c
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/RFIDB1ClientInterface.h
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/RFIDB1ClientProtocol.c
  inflating: rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library/RFIDB1ClientProtocol.h
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel $ cd rfidb1-tool_v1.1/
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $ ls
gpio.c  gpio.h  main.c  Makefile  RFIDB1Library
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $ make
gcc -I. -I./RFIDB1Library -ggdb -O0   -c -o main.o main.c
gcc -I. -I./RFIDB1Library -ggdb -O0   -c -o gpio.o gpio.c
make -C ./RFIDB1Library
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library'
gcc -I.   -c -o RFIDB1ClientInterface.o RFIDB1ClientInterface.c
gcc -I.   -c -o RFIDB1ClientProtocol.o RFIDB1ClientProtocol.c
RFIDB1ClientProtocol.c:17:10: fatal error: mcrypt.h: No such file or directory
 #include <mcrypt.h>
          ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [<builtin>: RFIDB1ClientProtocol.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library'
make: *** [Makefile:10: RFIDB1Library/librfidb1.a] Error 2
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $

Thanks for giving a try.
what is your error on that? missing a file?

Code: Select all

RFIDB1ClientProtocol.c:17:10: fatal error: mcrypt.h: No such file or directory
Another question, how do you get all the operation log?

alanredbull
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:59 pm

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:09 pm

B.Goode wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:06 pm
So install that missing dependency, and all is well...

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $ sudo apt install libmcrypt-dev -y
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
The following additional packages will be installed:
  libmcrypt4
Suggested packages:
  mcrypt
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libmcrypt-dev libmcrypt4
0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 60 not upgraded.
Need to get 152 kB of archives.
After this operation, 485 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libmcrypt4 armhf 2.5.8-3.4 [64.2 kB]
Get:2 http://archive-bm.raspbian.org/raspbian buster/main armhf libmcrypt-dev armhf 2.5.8-3.4 [87.4 kB]
Fetched 152 kB in 1s (175 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package libmcrypt4.
(Reading database ... 93867 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../libmcrypt4_2.5.8-3.4_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libmcrypt4 (2.5.8-3.4) ...
Selecting previously unselected package libmcrypt-dev.
Preparing to unpack .../libmcrypt-dev_2.5.8-3.4_armhf.deb ...
Unpacking libmcrypt-dev (2.5.8-3.4) ...
Setting up libmcrypt4 (2.5.8-3.4) ...
Setting up libmcrypt-dev (2.5.8-3.4) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.5-2) ...
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.28-10+rpi1) ...
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $ make
make -C ./RFIDB1Library
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/pi/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library'
gcc -I.   -c -o RFIDB1ClientProtocol.o RFIDB1ClientProtocol.c
ar rcs librfidb1.a RFIDB1ClientInterface.o RFIDB1ClientProtocol.o
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1/RFIDB1Library'
gcc -o rfidb1-tool main.o gpio.o ./RFIDB1Library/librfidb1.a -I. -I./RFIDB1Library -ggdb -O0
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $

So the build process completes, and there is an executable rfidb1-tool, not shippped with the source, newly created -

Code: Select all

pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $ ls -al
total 348
drwxr-xr-x 3 pi pi   4096 Nov 20 18:02 .
drwxr-xr-x 3 pi pi   4096 Nov 20 17:53 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi   4563 Mar 26  2019 gpio.c
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi    573 Mar 26  2019 gpio.h
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi   7548 Nov 20 17:54 gpio.o
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi  87993 Mar 26  2019 main.c
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi 106516 Nov 20 17:54 main.o
-rw-r--r-- 1 pi pi    570 Nov 24  2017 Makefile
drwxr-xr-x 2 pi pi   4096 Nov 20 18:02 RFIDB1Library
-rwxr-xr-x 1 pi pi 115212 Nov 20 18:02 rfidb1-tool
pi@raspberrypi:~/eccel/rfidb1-tool_v1.1 $
It is working now :D
a big beer for you,dude.
Thanks a lot.

stevenfitch
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:27 pm

I came here searching for the same issues with this same board from Eccel, this appears to have answered my questions

stevenfitch
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi

I got as far as this topic goes to this point however:
I now have an executable "rfidb1-tool" which gives the following when run

Code: Select all

Usage: rfidb1-tool [device path] [command] [args ...]
i'm struggling with the "device path"
i have tried all of the device names i can think of such as "serial0", "serial1", "ttyAMA0" .... have i totally not understood something here?

Code: Select all

Unable to open UART.  Ensure it is not in use by another application
Unable to open device serial1 for RFIDB1 module!
I have the Serial of the pi configured as:
Console = no
Serial = yes

DirkS
Posts: 10017
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 pm
Location: Essex, UK

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:59 pm

stevenfitch wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Code: Select all

Usage: rfidb1-tool [device path] [command] [args ...]
i'm struggling with the "device path"
i have tried all of the device names i can think of such as "serial0", "serial1", "ttyAMA0" .... have i totally not understood something here?

Code: Select all

Unable to open UART.  Ensure it is not in use by another application
Unable to open device serial1 for RFIDB1 module!
Under Linux you normally use the full pathname. Try e.g. /dev/serial0

stevenfitch
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:22 pm

Re: How to install makefile on Rasbian?

Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:33 pm

That's sorted it, thank you

Return to “Beginners”