Thepiwow

How to connect the IO pins for this project specifically

Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:18 am

Hi, I’m new to the pi community and new to these automated projects , it I started making this project
http://www.multunus.com/blog/2016/07/au ... -networks/

There are GPIO connections which I’m unable to figure out because of the L293d driver board , it has 10 pins on the side and 4 pins labelled control

Can someone please help me with connections

drgeoff

Re: How to connect the IO pins for this project specifically

Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:27 am

The diagram on that project site shows the electrical connections. Physical connections depend on the specific board that your driver chip is on. Just trace the printed board wires from the chip pins to the board connections. Pin 1 of the driver chip will have a dot or depression or some other distinguishing mark.

pcmanbob

Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Hi.

It would help if you told use which L298D driver board you have,( link to purchase site or pictures showing board and all connections ) or are you using just a chip in which case the diagram for connecting it is included in the tutorial.
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

PhatFil

Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:07 pm

when selecting modules for your projects always pay attention to the pcb printing and ensure the interface pins are labeled both clearly and correctly.. for example if it uses a spi or i2c interface make sure you can ID the relevant pins on any board you invest in.. Its also a good idea only to spend money on modules that are well documented with support libs and examples.. it makes life SO MUCH EASIER..

fwiw i have a collection of LLS modules with NO legible pin labels.. while I could sit down with a meter, I have yet to bother and have stocked up on slightly more expensive Clearly labeled boards ;)

Return to “Beginners”