jax7121

Uninstall opencv whitout build folder

Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 pm

Hello, some time I installed I opencv 3.4.3 following the classic compilation procedures found on the web.
Now I should uninstall it but I noticed that the build directory is missing in the opencv directory. I cannot therefore use the command:

Code: Select all

sudo make uninstall
How can opencv and all its files be safely and cleanly removed? Thanks in advance

topguy

Re: Uninstall opencv whitout build folder

Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:06 pm

jax7121 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 pm
Now I should uninstall..
Why do you think that ?

Most likely you will find the OpenCV stuff under "/usr/local" that is usually where "make install" will choose to install unless you have specified somewhere else during the "configure" stage. So "/usr/local/lib" "/usr/local/include/" and maybe /usr/local/bin".

If you have installed a lot of other things from source they will also be in those directories.

jax7121

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:19 pm

Thank you for your answer. Ok but how do I identify all the files to be deleted? what is the best and safe command to execute?

topguy

Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Have you programmed with OpenCv while it has been installed ?

if all the includes in the C code used "include <opencv/something.h>" I think its likely to assume there is a subdirectory under "/usr/local/include" where all of the files was installed. Potentially the same under "/usr/local/lib" either you find another subdirectory or you might see a list of library files that all have "cv" in their name.

I'm not able to be more specific than that, maybe someone else will be..

Return to “Beginners”