Fredpro

DHCP and static IP on ethernet adapter together

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Raspberry is installed in a device that can be connected by wire to different routers. Therefore, DHCP is enabled on it, it receives the corresponding IP from the router. No problem, everything works.

But in the same network there is an arduino ethernet module with a static IP. How would I, in addition to receiving IP via DHCP (so that the Internet was on the raspberry) add a static IP to the same network card? In Windows, this is called alias or additional IP, done in the settings of the network adapter. Tell me how to do this in raspberry?

topguy

Re: DHCP and static IP on ethernet adapter together

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Tell me how to do this in raspberry?
Tell us first which OS or version of Raspbian you have installed, the solution might depend on that.

I dont use the Pi desktop much, but if they are using a standard networking management app(let) it should be fairly simple to set a secondary address there.

Fredpro

Re: DHCP and static IP on ethernet adapter together

Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:36 pm

Raspberry 3B, Linux version 4.9.59-v7+ (dc4@dc4-XPS13-9333) (gcc version 4.9.3 (crosstool-NG crosstool-ng-1.22.0-88-g8460611). My raspberry running RPD Desktop Environment, and standard network manager does not allow you to add a second IP: only static or DHCP
Attachments
Снимок.PNG
Снимок.PNG (65.8 KiB) Viewed 261 times

Return to “Beginners”