Adolescent_turtle

Raspberry pi response to html button

Sat May 25, 2019 6:34 am

Hello,

I got my pi a couple of weeks ago and up until now it’s been going great! I have a server set up on raspbian OS lite and I’m able to play .wav files with aplay. I wrote a super simple website for the server and now I want to be able to use aplay to play files upon pressing the html button. What do I need to know in order to do this?

Thank you very much in advance.

FTrevorGowen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Raspberry pi response to html button

Sat May 25, 2019 12:22 pm

Adolescent_turtle wrote:
Hello,

I got my pi a couple of weeks ago and up until now it’s been going great! I have a server set up on raspbian OS lite and I’m able to play .wav files with aplay. I wrote a super simple website for the server and now I want to be able to use aplay to play files upon pressing the html button. What do I need to know in order to do this?

What "html button" (I suspect you mean a "webpage button" but it could be a "physical one")?
Trev.
Still running Raspbian Jessie on some older Pi's (an A, B1, B2, B+, P2B, 3xP0, P0W) but Stretch on my 2xP3A+, P3B+, P3B, B+, A+ and a B2. See: https://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi/raspiidx.htm

Adolescent_turtle

Re: Raspberry pi response to html button

Sat May 25, 2019 4:31 pm

FTrevorGowen wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 12:22 pm
Adolescent_turtle wrote:
Hello,

What "html button" (I suspect you mean a "webpage button" but it could be a "physical one")?
Trev.

Yes I’m referring to <button></button>

Return to “Beginners”