macgomes

Raspberry Pi for a Complete Beginner.

Fri May 24, 2019 6:21 am

Hello everyone,,
I've jumped in an bought myself a Raspberry Pi B+ and I'm hoping to have a go at learning to do some programming.

I have pretty much minimal experience doing any programming, I used HTML several years ago to build some basic websites, and have since used Matlab at uni but not xvideos.onl/ xnxx.onl/ chaturbate.onl/ very in depth. Other than that I've edited some game files to force windowed mode/full screen or tweak similar settings and tried Code Academy, but found it somewhat slow and not particuarly fun.

So, I'd really appreciate if anyone could point me towards some resources, tutorials, etc aimed at someone with no prior knowledge that could help me learn some basic level of programming and hopefully have some fun in the process.
Last edited by macgomes on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Raspberry Pi for a Complete Beginner.

Fri May 24, 2019 7:01 am

macgomes wrote:
Hello everyone,,
I've jumped in an bought myself a Raspberry Pi B+ and I'm hoping to have a go at learning to do some programming.

I have pretty much minimal experience doing any programming, I used HTML several years ago to build some basic websites, and have since used Matlab at uni but not very in depth. Other than that I've edited some game files to force windowed mode/full screen or tweak similar settings and tried Code Academy, but found it somewhat slow and not particuarly fun.

So, I'd really appreciate if anyone could point me towards some resources, tutorials, etc aimed at someone with no prior knowledge that could help me learn some basic level of programming and hopefully have some fun in the process.

There is a Raspberry Pi 1B+ and 3B+, they are different in performance.....

The Raspberry Pi Foundations website has oodles of resources, read it sometime ??

https://www.raspberrypi.org
adieu

My other Computer is an Asus CS10 ChromeBit running Chrome Operating System.
HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer supported by HPLIP software in Raspbian Stretch.

Andyroo

Fri May 24, 2019 10:09 am

Welcome to the fun :lol: Be warned this hobby is both great and frustrating at the same time but never boring.

If you wish to pass a quiet evening or two then head to https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/issues/ and download a magazine or two. Back issues (some not all) can be purchased and a subscription is available that gets you another Pi to play with :lol:
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

LTolledo

Fri May 24, 2019 10:12 pm

There are also some good books out there, if you want to do old-fashion reading....
some of which are (which I personally and physically have)...

1. Raspberry Pi for Dummies
2. Raspberry Pi for the Evil Genius
3. Raspberry Pi Cookbook

To protect your Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ "investment" may I recommend some basics necessities...
1. a protective case designed for the RPi3B+ (to prevent those accidental electrical shorts)
2. a proper power supply rated 5v 2.5A (no some-phone chargers please)
3. heatsink to keep your RPi running cool

if you are not going to use the GPIO headers, I recommend covering it
RPiheadercoverUP.JPG
RPiheadercoverUP.JPG (175.85 KiB) Viewed 208 times
"Don't come to me with 'issues' for I don't know how to deal with those
Come to me with 'problems' and I'll help you find solutions"

Some people be like:
"Help me! Am drowning! But dont you dare touch me nor come near me!"

boyoh

Fri May 24, 2019 10:39 pm

macgomes wrote:
Hello everyone,,

I have pretty much minimal experience doing any programming, I used HTML several years ago to build some basic websites, and have since used Matlab at uni but not very in depth. Other than that I've edited some game files to force windowed mode/full screen or tweak similar settings and tried Code Academy, but found it somewhat slow and not particuarly fun.

By all means learn coding, but not at the expense
Of learning electronics, Coding is only useful if it
As something to do and control, So some basic
Electronics is also part of the learning curve for
Coding and electronics. If a component in a circuit
Fails , Coding will not repair It or make it work

Regards BoyOh
Retired Electrical / Electronic Technician
BoyOh ( Selby, North Yorkshire.UK)
Some Times Right Some Times Wrong

Return to “Beginners”